The Student Room Group

Academic comeback gyg 2024 🎀

Okay so I just got TSR because I’m lowkey freaking out that gcses start in 3 and a bit weeks and I want to see how other class of ‘24 are feeling🧘*♀️ I saw this on my feed so I thought i’d make one for some accountability!

My Mock Grades:
AQA Maths Higher - 9
Edexcel English Literature - 9
Edexcel English Language - 9
AQA Combined Science Trilogy Higher - 9-9
Edexcel History - 9
AQA Sociology - 9
OCR Computer Science - 8
AQA Business - 7
AQA Level 2 Further Maths - 7

The 7 in business is completely my fault because I literally didn’t revise for the exam and we didn’t have a teacher for like 2 months but yeah. I didn’t revise for further maths either but since the mock I have been so I think i’ve improved since.

I really want to get all 9’s at GCSE <//3 The only subject i actually need a 9 in is maths because the 6th form I want to go to requires a 9 in regular maths to take A-level further maths so yeah!

Good luck to everyone doing exams in May <33 I’ll try and update this everyday/ every other day but we’ll see :0
Original post by glitterfairy28
Okay so I just got TSR because I’m lowkey freaking out that gcses start in 3 and a bit weeks and I want to see how other class of ‘24 are feeling🧘*♀️ I saw this on my feed so I thought i’d make one for some accountability!
My Mock Grades:
AQA Maths Higher - 9
Edexcel History - 9
AQA Sociology - 9
OCR Computer Science - 8
AQA Business - 7
The 7 in business is completely my fault because I literally didn’t revise for the exam and we didn’t have a teacher for like 2 months but yeah. I didn’t revise for further maths either but since the mock I have been so I think i’ve improved since.
I really want to get all 9’s at GCSE <//3 The only subject i actually need a 9 in is maths because the 6th form I want to go to requires a 9 in regular maths to take A-level further maths so yeah!
Good luck to everyone doing exams in May <33 I’ll try and update this everyday/ every other day but we’ll see :0

wow you have amazing grades! keep it up :biggrin:!
tagging the gyg fam :biggrin:!

Spoiler

Original post by emm4nuella
wow you have amazing grades! keep it up :biggrin:!

thank you !! :smile:
13.04.2024 🎀
I did a decent amount of revision today after like being so stressed yesterday so that’s good!

- Typed up Christmas Carol Quotes by Stave
- Did Further Maths Questions Practice (I only have 2 more topics to cover now!!)
- Finished Medieval Period History poster
- Started Civil Rights Poster ( it’s like 1/5 complete but i’m tired )

I might do some flash cards before i sleep because I’m a couple days behind but I doubt it :/
Original post by glitterfairy28
My Mock Grades:
AQA Maths Higher - 9
Edexcel History - 9
AQA Sociology - 9
OCR Computer Science - 8
AQA Business - 7

Hiya and welcome to gygggg, your grades are amaxing and you are doung to weelllll.
Original post by Tatakae L
Hiya and welcome to gygggg, your grades are amaxing and you are doung to weelllll.

aww thank you <33 trying my best 😪💪
14.04.2024 🌷
Back to school tomorrow how sad 🥲 Tbh I don’t know if i’ve done as much revision as I wanted to do during Easter Break but it’s okay!

- Did 120 flash cards 💪 Still behind though because I haven’t done them in like a week 😭
- Further Maths functions practice
- Typed up Physics ‘Electricity’ topic
- Made Electricity flash cards (I know people say to stop making notes and flash cards at this point but I can’t just leave it unfinished 😮*💨)
- Watched a video on Macbeth
- Finished a Chemistry Past Paper and Marked it
15.04.2024 🎀
First day back at school + Last term of secondary !!

I low-key didn’t do anything and i could lie and say it’s because i got home late but i didn’t even get home that late so 💀

- Did a Further Maths Past Paper + Marked it: So far i’m on 69/80 (cheeky🤭) but I didn’t mark some of the questions because I didn’t get the mark scheme so i’ll ask my teacher to do that for me tomorrow 🫶
21.04.2024 🌷
It’s been a fat minute since i’ve updated this but there’s not a lot to update ngl because I haven’t done much since I last posted 😭

- Did around 500 flash cards (and i’m somehow STILL behind on them 🤠)
- Watched a Macbeth summary by act
- Typed up the majority of the Sociology Education section
- Sociology seneca questions

With 19 days left until my first exams (10th May - Soc and Bio) I’m at a bit of a loss on what to do 🧘*♀️ Like i just want the exams to come already so I can get them over and done with but at the same time i know that there’s definitely some things I can still revise/need to revise so I’ll try and do better next week!!
28.04.2024 🪿🌷
12 days until GCSEs start??? Um i’m a bit scared to say the least 😍

- Did an English language paper 1 past paper (Gonna give this to my teacher to mark tomorrow)
- Read Macbeth (This has literally been on my to-do list since last year… Even though some of the language was a bit hard to understand, I actually enjoyed reading it ???)

Plans for the time until i go to bed:
- Do a set of further maths questions on corbett

- Make ‘1900 to present’ C+P history poster and (maybe??) write a 12 marker

- sociology and maths homework (past paper questions)

- do some work on vectors

If i don’t update again today i’ll let you know tomorrow what i ended up doing!! See you later :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending