The Student Room Group

Does saying something “Tastes professional” make sense?

Like grammatically, does it make sense? I’ve started saying this quite a lot when describing my best friends new cakes and I’m thinking “do I sound dumb?”
... kinda.

I might say a cake looks professional, or even the way it was made but wouldn't apply it to taste "Thank you for my meal it tasted very professional" just doesn't work imo.
Original post by StriderHort
... kinda.

I might say a cake looks professional, or even the way it was made but wouldn't apply it to taste "Thank you for my meal it tasted very professional" just doesn't work imo.

I would usually say it when asked how it tastes, so I’ll be like “it tastes professional” or just make it a side comment since it’s a cheesecake, and very much like something you’d buy from a cafe or somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for your response. I guess kinda is good enough for me, I just didn’t want to sound like a complete bimbo
Original post by blitterflicker
I would usually say it when asked how it tastes, so I’ll be like “it tastes professional” or just make it a side comment since it’s a cheesecake, and very much like something you’d buy from a cafe or somewhere.
Anyway, thanks for your response. I guess kinda is good enough for me, I just didn’t want to sound like a complete bimbo

Don't get me wrong, it's not that it doesn't make sense, I get that you're saying 'This cake tastes like it was made by someone that knows what they're doing' and it prob made sense to them.
Like grammatically, does it make sense? I’ve started saying this quite a lot when describing my best friends new cakes and I’m thinking “do I sound dumb?”

it is gramatical incorrect. imo
Original post by StriderHort
Don't get me wrong, it's not that it doesn't make sense, I get that you're saying 'This cake tastes like it was made by someone that knows what they're doing' and it prob made sense to them.

I’ve noticed it’s becoming a habit for some reason, that’s why I had to ask on TSR 😂, probably best to try and stop this one
Original post by Kutie Karen
it is gramatical incorrect. imo

Thanks, yeah I think it is. That’s why I had to question it but as long as I didn’t make myself look too stupid that’s ok, I’ll just try not to say it again
Thanks, yeah I think it is. That’s why I had to question it but as long as I didn’t make myself look too stupid that’s ok, I’ll just try not to say it again

I am sure you didn't. 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending