The Student Room Group

SFE website - continuous login error (please help)

Hello,

I have been trying to apply for weeks and each time I sign in I am hit with the error:

"Sorry, something has gone wrong
An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.

Try and login later to resume your task."

I have been on the phone multiple times where they have reset my password/secret answer and the end result is I'm told to apply by post.

My partner has just tried to fill in her application and after progressing with a few steps was hit with the same error.

Is there nothing that can be done about this? I have tried multiple devices both laptops and desktop as well as mobile and no luck. Have also tried different browsers.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi noooopzor,

There is no timescale as to when system errors will be resolved after being sent by post so in the meantime you will need to send a paper application.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Hi Calum,

Thanks for the prompt reply. As a side question, for an EU citizen with indefinite leave to remain (settled status):

Is it a case of posting the passport and also (somehow) providing a share code to the settled status page? I'm just not sure how that will work in practice.

Thanks
Hi there,

If you have settled status we will ask you to provide a share code on the application and will not need to see your passport.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending