The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 2 Q4 Practice (November 2021)

Hi, I decided to practice my Q4 and I've only done the Source A part. But I'm not sure if it's good. Can someone tell me if it's okay so far? Thanks!

In Source A, the writer's attitude to sweets is shown in a younger perspective. The writer focuses on how the sweets' taste are delicious. We see this when in the extract it claims, 'The taste of the chocolate would invade your mouth with a sublime, majestic inevitability.' The word 'Inevitability' indicates that the taste of the sweets cannot be avoided. This shows us how the sweets flavour was tantalizing.

(That's what I've done so far.)
Original post by spicedbun
Hi, I decided to practice my Q4 and I've only done the Source A part. But I'm not sure if it's good. Can someone tell me if it's okay so far? Thanks!
In Source A, the writer's attitude to sweets is shown in a younger perspective. The writer focuses on how the sweets' taste are delicious. We see this when in the extract it claims, 'The taste of the chocolate would invade your mouth with a sublime, majestic inevitability.' The word 'Inevitability' indicates that the taste of the sweets cannot be avoided. This shows us how the sweets flavour was tantalizing.
(That's what I've done so far.)

It's really good. the only thing that could make it sound even more academic is saying 'the noun 'Inevitability''. This adds a word class, which they tend to give you marks for.
Reply 2
Original post by chloerainbow11
It's really good. the only thing that could make it sound even more academic is saying 'the noun 'Inevitability''. This adds a word class, which they tend to give you marks for.

Thank you so much!! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending