The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham or Bristol

Hi ...I have conditional offers from Durham as well as Bristol. As an international student, finding it really hard to decide even after all the online research.
Reply 1
Bristol all the way!! Really lovely and friendly city
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi ...I have conditional offers from Durham as well as Bristol. As an international student, finding it really hard to decide even after all the online research.

Hiya

Congratulations on your offers! I know this must be a tough decision but I'm sure you'll make the one right for you 🙂
Both Durham and Bristol are great! But what I will say is the collegiate system at Durham does make it quite special, especially coming from an international student. The collegiate system allows students the opportunity to be part of a family/community and meet students from all backgrounds, courses and course levels as well as take part in college activities like joining the JCR, attending formals, balls, college days, fashion shows etc which is truly a unique experience that very few Universities in the UK offer 😃 The international community at Durham is great and there are so many student groups/societies where you can meet international students from your background as well as other backgrounds like the International students association. Guaranteeing you amazing memories to look back on when you're older!

Durham also has amazing career prospects because we have a dedicated careers team that supports students with work experience, part-time jobs, internships, graduate jobs, etc. The careers team also helps students with CV writing, Cover Letter writing, job interviews, etc and connects students to alumni!

That being said, if you're still unsure of Durham, you can follow along and have a look at some of the student content about like at Durham University:
The Durham Student

Alternatively, you can speak to some of our students directly on UniBuddy, which allows the opportunity to speak to both international students as well as students taking the same course and get even more insight:
UniBuddy

I hope this helps and GoodLuck 🙂

-Ghala
Original post by Anonymous

Hi ! I have offers from both and i'm stuck on which to accept too, I'm not an international student and have managed to gain decent insight on both by visiting in person , while I still can't seem to make my mind up are there any specific questions you had/ things that were worrying you about either etc? I may be able to help / ask people I know that go to either uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest