The Student Room Group

Econ and Business with East Europe Studies career prospects

I just recently got an offer from UCL to study EBEES, however it isn't a pure economics course. Therefore I am worried if this will limit my opportunities to get a job after university in the financial segment.

I am still waiting to hear back from UCL for the pure economics course, but my other option is Exeter for Economics.

I am not sure which ones i should go for keeping future career prospects in mind as i'm not sure if companies will disadvantage me for doing the EBEES course.

Does anyone know what the career prospects are and if the course would put me at a disadvantage when applying for jobs in the future.
Original post by Slayer3180
I just recently got an offer from UCL to study EBEES, however it isn't a pure economics course. Therefore I am worried if this will limit my opportunities to get a job after university in the financial segment.
I am still waiting to hear back from UCL for the pure economics course, but my other option is Exeter for Economics.
I am not sure which ones i should go for keeping future career prospects in mind as i'm not sure if companies will disadvantage me for doing the EBEES course.
Does anyone know what the career prospects are and if the course would put me at a disadvantage when applying for jobs in the future.

CONGRATS!!!! when did you get your offer and are you a home student I’m still waiting ☹️ I’m scared I’ll get rejected as my personal statement was mainly accounting and finance aimed. That being said pretty much everything I spoke about was economic theory but I don’t knoww

Original post by Slayer3180

Also from what I know, when going into the financial sector what university you went to is more important than the course you necessarily did. Economics with business at UCL would be very impressive to employers as it’s a prestigious university and has been for a long time. So don’t worry ! And UCL is a target uni (for employers) , similar to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, imperial and Warwick.
Reply 3
Original post by Wahidah….
CONGRATS!!!! when did you get your offer and are you a home student I’m still waiting ☹️ I’m scared I’ll get rejected as my personal statement was mainly accounting and finance aimed. That being said pretty much everything I spoke about was economic theory but I don’t knoww

Thanks haha, I got the offer a few days ago and yes i’m a home student. I wouldn’t worry my PS was all economic theory too I only included a few lines about Eastern Europe. Plus if you look at the course they don’t actually teach much about East Europe so I don’t think it really matters. Hopefully you hear back from them soon.
Reply 4
Original post by Wahidah….
Also from what I know, when going into the financial sector what university you went to is more important than the course you necessarily did. Economics with business at UCL would be very impressive to employers as it’s a prestigious university and has been for a long time. So don’t worry ! And UCL is a target uni (for employers) , similar to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, imperial and Warwick.

Ah okay thank you! That makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending