The Student Room Group

Offering gcse help

Hi! This is my very first ever post on The Student Room! I’m a y11 student who’s taking my GCSE’s in 2024, but I’ve gotten near full marks or full marks on every one of my maths mocks since November. If anyone wants any tips, advice or help with anything feel free to leave a comment below! It’s as much help to you as it is to me, because explaining things helps to strengthen my knowledge! Any questions on GCSE music, biology, chemistry, computer science are also appreciated (predicted 9’s in all of my GCSE’s) :smile:)
Reply 1
Original post by erinnn0865
Hi! This is my very first ever post on The Student Room! I’m a y11 student who’s taking my GCSE’s in 2024, but I’ve gotten near full marks or full marks on every one of my maths mocks since November. If anyone wants any tips, advice or help with anything feel free to leave a comment below! It’s as much help to you as it is to me, because explaining things helps to strengthen my knowledge! Any questions on GCSE music, biology, chemistry, computer science are also appreciated (predicted 9’s in all of my GCSE’s) :smile:)

hii how do u revise maths bc i need to push from like low 6 to high 7/8
Reply 2

alsoo the one topic i cant do (as easy at it is) is probability, specifically conditional and combined probabilityy
Reply 3
Original post by moonuh
hii how do u revise maths bc i need to push from like low 6 to high 7/8

Honestly, my best piece of advice is to rethink how you do the paper. When you do a past paper, try starting from the back. Do those last 5-6 big mark questions first, only leaving them when you genuinely cannot think of anything. Then, go through all the 1-2 markers, multiple choices, the quick ones. Finally do the regular 3-4 markers. Try and aim to finish the paper within an hour to 75 minutes, leaving ample time to check. Personally, I finish within 45 minutes, so I have loads of time to head back and do those questions i was stuck on.
Reply 4
Original post by moonuh
alsoo the one topic i cant do (as easy at it is) is probability, specifically conditional and combined probabilityy
id say just take your time with it! Think carefully about every single number and what category you are pulling it from. The wording of the question can be tricky but most of the time, your gut instinct is right! Practicing is the only way to start getting a sense for what these questions want :smile:)
Hiya in my November mock i got an 8 but i just got my February mock back the other day and i got a low 7 and im not sure how ive decreased in my ability to do maths when i revised more for this mock then the last (i only revise maths in lessons). I now feel really demotivated with maths and i was planning to do a level maths but am questioning my decision. do you know how to enjoy maths again or shall i pick another a level subject. I just really hate it at the moment mainly because of my teacher and my loud annoying class and the fact I keep doing badly. also, when your stuck on a topic how do you get better at it other then watching a video. i also struggle trying to figure out the exact topic im stuck on.
Hey i am siting most of my GCSEs next year except RE but i have my end of year mocks coming up and i do higher maths but would like to get an 8/9 in it. Do you have any revision techniques or websites that help practise?
Hey well done on your predicted grades! Keep up the good work and I’m sure you will do well! I’m a Year 12 student who got all 7-9s including 9 in all sciences and maths, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me too!

heyy, im currently realy pushing myself to go from a 6 to an 8 in the time we have left. Any tips on how to do this? thanks

Heyy, I'm currently really pushing myself to go from a 6 to an 8 in the time we have left. Any tips on how to do this? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending