The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Can any students tell me what it's like to study at Kingston?

Is it affordable? Is the nightlife good? etc
Original post by kanken123
Is it affordable? Is the nightlife good? etc

Hi there @kanken123, I would say that Kingston is definitely more affordable compared to central London! The town and halls of residences are extremely walkable and the university also provides a free uni bus between all student halls. The canteen at Kingston also offers certain meal deals between £3.50 to £6! 🙂
As for the night life, we have a Pryzm, a student union bar and a couple of pubs that students like to hang out at! That said, it is pretty quick to get into London via train, and most of my friends travel to central for music gigs and events. I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any other questions about life in Kingston! 🙂

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
(edited 1 month ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
What about the teachers?
Original post by studentnb123
What about the teachers?

Hi @studentnb123

I study fashion promotion and communication here at Kingston and have found all the lecturers really helpful, they respond quickly and point you in the right direct. They all have different industry experience too which is good to learn from, with some of them still working in the industry part-time while lecturing. The content of the modules are also easy to find and they organise the resources well. Many of my lectures also give advice on exhibitions to go and see, documentaries to watch and where to find internships.

Students also get a personal tutor assigned to them, usually one of your lectures, that you will have meetings with to check up on how you are getting on with the work and university life, and to give you a chance to ask any questions you may have. They are available for you to contact, if you need support.

There is also academic support. This is a team of staff who are there to help you with things like referencing and essay writing. You can book appointments with them and even send them your essays to look over and get feedback.

I hope this helps and answers your question!
If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Original post by studentnb123
What about the teachers?

Hi there @studentnb123, I guess it depends which course and department you are referring to. In my experience (BA Fashion), my tutors are very responsive and you can always catch them or email them if you need any feedback or help! I highly recommend coming down to one of our Open Days to speak to our current students and tutors to get a feel for yourself! 🙂

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending