The Student Room Group

Romeo and Juliet HELP

Hi! So, I'm basically here to ask for some resources for romeo and juliet, particularily romeo and juliet. Its my worst section for english literature and, as its the easter holiday, I'm just trying to order resources and stress balance all at once. Mainly history and english literature gaps in resources have been just stressing me put pretty badly. I've been doing them these past two weeks but honestly Romeo and Juliet just doesn't seem possible to achieve in such little 3 days left. I want to do exam practice when I get back since we only have 3 weeks, but, in order to do that, I need resources finished by Monday. If anyone has key quotes for each character and theme (prefably 3 each) PLEASE link them down below! I'm sorry to burden y'all but I was literally crying from stress and pressure earlier so I'm kinda seeing this as a last resort TvT
Reply 1
definitely use pmt!!! (physics and maths tutor) they have sooo many notes on everything u need to know from the whole syllabus with themes and characters in the form of completely organised study notes!! i use it for almost all my subjects its a lifesaver
Reply 2
Original post by malililina
definitely use pmt!!! (physics and maths tutor) they have sooo many notes on everything u need to know from the whole syllabus with themes and characters in the form of completely organised study notes!! i use it for almost all my subjects its a lifesaver
Ah right, yep I use it a lot already but I appreciate the suggestion :biggrin:. Did my Christmas carol and poetry from their mainly and worked wonders. Only this is it takes ages to make flashcards for me from notes 😓. But still, thank you so much for quick reply
Reply 3
Original post by EuphrosyneOp
Ah right, yep I use it a lot already but I appreciate the suggestion :biggrin:. Did my Christmas carol and poetry from their mainly and worked wonders. Only this is it takes ages to make flashcards for me from notes 😓. But still, thank you so much for quick reply

yess no problem! i also used to do sooo many flashcards and i would write sm on them but ive accepted i wont be able to finish all of them for all subjects AND have time to actually revise them. so instead ove just been printing the pmt sheets out and highlighting/underlining key info and then adding my own smaller notes eg. if ur revising the theme of violence and tybalt is mentioned, highlight tybalt and write next to it a quote like “fire eyed fury be my conduct now” or “peace - i hate the word, as i hate hell, all montagues, and thee” and then write some tiny points analysing the quote like “hell” has religious connotations and reflects the strong religous beliefs at the time (context points!!). do some other word/technique (simile, metaphor etc..) analysis then just do this for some other points like r+j’s suicides, capulets violent verbal abuse, mercutio wanting to fight tybalt etc.. and then u basically have whole essay structure if they ask u about the theme of violence. dont forget to write these events in chronological order too!! the exam boards appreciate it more and will prob give u a mark or two higher.

hope this was helpful i switched to this bc its just better than rewriting notes into flashcards (im super guilty), will take less time and provide u with an essay structure too 🥰🥰
Reply 4
Thanks! I'm doing a theme and character plan on paper flashcards - which have three key quotes and context and maybe an analysis point I can squeeze in. Putting in chronological order helps and it's a bit like an essay plan yk? Feel more prepared that wya

Quick Reply