The Student Room Group

Liss dtp 2024

Hi everyone,

I received an email few minutes ago that i have been waitlisted for LISS DTP. Just want to know if anyone else got waitlisted?
Hi there,

I was wait listed last year and have been waitlisted again this year.

Last year I stressed out waiting for the May update which honestly was not worth it. I'm trying to take a different approach this time round.

Sorry to hear that you have been waitlisted too.

H
Reply 2
Original post by Helen Eugene
Hi there,
Last year I stressed out waiting for the May update which honestly was not worth it. I'm trying to take a different approach this time round.
H

Hi helen,

Thanks for replying. Can you please suggest an alternative approach too because this is gonna take a while i guess and i don’t want to stress out 😢

Good luck to you 🍀
Reply 3
I also received the same email. Not sure if there tends to be lots of movement on the list!
Reply 4
Hi did you apply for Open Competition or CASE? I applied CASE and still hear back nothing.

Sorry to hear that you have been waitlisted and finger crossed for all of us!
Reply 5
Original post by reed333
Hi did you apply for Open Competition or CASE? I applied CASE and still hear back nothing.
Sorry to hear that you have been waitlisted and finger crossed for all of us!

I applied for open competition
Reply 6
Original post by jisu6098
I also received the same email. Not sure if there tends to be lots of movement on the list!

Yeah not sure.
Reply 7
Original post by benyruseva
Hey do you mind me asking if you’re under a home status or international?

International
Original post by Lisa Ri
Hi everyone,
I received an email few minutes ago that i have been waitlisted for LISS DTP. Just want to know if anyone else got waitlisted?

Hi, I have also been waitlisted too, do you know the situation about this?
Hi there,
H

Hi, could you suggest other approaches for this, thanks
Reply 10
I got rejection this year. But it is not surprising to me. I am wondering how competitive this year.
Hi all,

I am in my second year of part-time and have been self-funding. Last year I got so stressed out about being on the wait list that I couldn't focus on anything. On reflection, I wasted time and really beat myself up over something that I could not control.

Being placed on the list again this year didn't hurt the way it did last year. I plan on continuing to self-fund and not think about the wait again.

I'm sorry you're all going through this. It really is horrible. All I can say is try and distract yourselves and push forward with things that you have control over. Be kind to yourself, and if you are able to get a student finance loan to help with tution fees, consider that as an option. You can always apply now just as a fail safe incase nothing positive comes from the wait-list.

Ps, I am a home student at Kings.

H
Reply 12
Hi Helen,

Sorry to hear you staying on waitlist again. As I am an international student, I knew that it must be brutal competition to get the ESRC funding. Right now , I am waiting another internal studentship competition result (final round) in my home institution (Queen Mary). Finger cross for the good news to all of us.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 13
Hi all,
I am in my second year of part-time and have been self-funding. Last year I got so stressed out about being on the wait list that I couldn't focus on anything. On reflection, I wasted time and really beat myself up over something that I could not control.
Being placed on the list again this year didn't hurt the way it did last year. I plan on continuing to self-fund and not think about the wait again.
I'm sorry you're all going through this. It really is horrible. All I can say is try and distract yourselves and push forward with things that you have control over. Be kind to yourself, and if you are able to get a student finance loan to help with tution fees, consider that as an option. You can always apply now just as a fail safe incase nothing positive comes from the wait-list.
Ps, I am a home student at Kings.
H

Thanks Helen for sharing your experience.

More power to you too 🍀
Reply 14
Hi everyone,

did anyone hear back after the being waitlisted ?
Not yet😕
Will they tell us if the waitlist reaches us, or will we get ghosted?
Reply 16
Original post by infidreamer
Not yet😕
Will they tell us if the waitlist reaches us, or will we get ghosted?

They did mention in the email to inform us by mid may. I am not sure they will let email everyone on the waitlist or just the one they select.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending