The Student Room Group

Is 3 past papers a day enough for my gcses?

For context, i have not been in school for 2 years, both my parents failed their gcses, and my school is basically useless at providing any sort of educational help so im pretty much entirely self taught since year 9. Im not expecting 9s, but id still like to do my best. previously ive been revising from 9 to half 5 (with breaks) just trying to cover all the content. im at a point where im pretty confident i know majority of the content and am fairly caught up, but now i dont really know where to start revising. I know past papers are great and am planning on doing 3 a day according to my timetable, marking them and then doing a bit of revision on the stuff i got wrong. I am just worried that it's not enough considering going from my previous 7 hours of revision to roughly 4-5 feels like a big difference and I can't help but feel like im not revising right. is there something i should be doing that i am missing??
Original post by blablanova34
For context, i have not been in school for 2 years, both my parents failed their gcses, and my school is basically useless at providing any sort of educational help so im pretty much entirely self taught since year 9. Im not expecting 9s, but id still like to do my best. previously ive been revising from 9 to half 5 (with breaks) just trying to cover all the content. im at a point where im pretty confident i know majority of the content and am fairly caught up, but now i dont really know where to start revising. I know past papers are great and am planning on doing 3 a day according to my timetable, marking them and then doing a bit of revision on the stuff i got wrong. I am just worried that it's not enough considering going from my previous 7 hours of revision to roughly 4-5 feels like a big difference and I can't help but feel like im not revising right. is there something i should be doing that i am missing??

3 past papers is more than enough for a whole day!
If you’re unsure on how to revise, I’d say…
Sciences - past papers (questions sometimes are repeated from past papers in the exam)
Maths - do questions for each topic (past papers are helpful with time management, but not content wise)
English - practice essay writing to increase writing speed (places you at an advantage during the exam)
You’re doing well from what I can tell - I wish you all the best. :smile:
Original post by jelllyfiiish
3 past papers is more than enough for a whole day!
If you’re unsure on how to revise, I’d say…
Sciences - past papers (questions sometimes are repeated from past papers in the exam)
Maths - do questions for each topic (past papers are helpful with time management, but not content wise)
English - practice essay writing to increase writing speed (places you at an advantage during the exam)
You’re doing well from what I can tell - I wish you all the best. :smile:

ty for the advice i appreciate it
Original post by blablanova34
ty for the advice i appreciate it

No problem, wish you all the best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest