The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston portfolio

I have recently been accepted into Kingston Art university and wanted to begin my online portfolio on Instagram. I want to post my art that was sent to Kingston but am worried about disqualification as I understand that a level art cannot be published until the October after the exam. Can I safely post art from the portfolio.
Original post by SaskiaZ
I have recently been accepted into Kingston Art university and wanted to begin my online portfolio on Instagram. I want to post my art that was sent to Kingston but am worried about disqualification as I understand that a level art cannot be published until the October after the exam. Can I safely post art from the portfolio.

Hey @SaskiaZ!

First off, big congratulations on your offer to join us here at KSA, and we look forward to seeing you in the autumn! Setting up an online portfolio is a great way to get your art to a new audience and start promoting yourself - so I commend your dedication and drive to getting one up and running before even starting the course.

Just to be safe, I would speak to your A-Level art teacher before posting any art that might be used later on in your A-Level coursework, as your awarding body might have certain rules in places to ensure students can't plagiarize work off one another.

However, for any pieces you've completed in your free time/outside of A-Levels and included in your portfolio, they're entirely yours, so there should be no issue with posting them on Instagram.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your online portfolio!
Eve (Kingston Rep).
(edited 1 month ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending