The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Waiting to hear from Warwick 2024

Hi all!
Just wanted to ask if anyone has heard back from Warwick yet for Neuroscience BSc?
I applied back in late November, still haven't heard anything yet. I sent an email to chase up a month or so ago, but the reply didn't really help much, it just said they were still considering applications etc. It's not as popular a course as medicine or economics so I thought they would have replied earlier, unless they are prioritising the busier subjects' applications first? I'm just a bit worried at the moment that they will leave my application until 16th May to auto reject it, which would be very upsetting as it wd be my first choice if I did get an offer 🥲

Extra info: I am a home student. I have done my A-Levels already and I'm one grade below what is required (one mark off a higher grade), though I believe my personal statement is pretty strong. I thought that if they didn't want me because of the grades, they could have rejected me a lot earlier...?
I don't know 🫠 I'm just *mildly* stressing out over here.
Original post by Pandan_Panda
Hi all!
Just wanted to ask if anyone has heard back from Warwick yet for Neuroscience BSc?
I applied back in late November, still haven't heard anything yet. I sent an email to chase up a month or so ago, but the reply didn't really help much, it just said they were still considering applications etc. It's not as popular a course as medicine or economics so I thought they would have replied earlier, unless they are prioritising the busier subjects' applications first? I'm just a bit worried at the moment that they will leave my application until 16th May to auto reject it, which would be very upsetting as it wd be my first choice if I did get an offer 🥲

Extra info: I am a home student. I have done my A-Levels already and I'm one grade below what is required (one mark off a higher grade), though I believe my personal statement is pretty strong. I thought that if they didn't want me because of the grades, they could have rejected me a lot earlier...?

Given that you have achieved grades, and that they don't meet the entry criteria, they're probably waiting to see how many of the candidates to whom they've made offers already choose them as their firm or insurance choice.

Only when those other candidates have done that will they know whether they have any capacity to make offers to those who have achieved "near miss" grades.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi all!

We are in the same boat. I haven’t here back from them.
I am home student for economics.
Original post by LULUPE
We are in the same boat. I haven’t here back from them.
I am home student for economics.

Lol same. I hope all the kids with offers firm LSE or Oxbridge and leave us some free spaces. What are your predicted grades?
My prediction grades are A star A star A star A
St Andrews doesn’t want home fees students. Some courses are very popular so it is a waist of time to try it.
That's something I would have liked to know before applying.
Home fees is a disadvantage to apply to Scotland’s universities. like Edinburgh or St Andrews.
Oxford and Cambridge universities welcomes applications from students from all backgrounds and is committed to a fair and transparent admissions process.
I don’t know about Warwick.

The file below shows the number of offers between international, Uk fees, Scottish and UK home fees. at St Andrews university. for Economics.

Original post by DataVenia
Given that you have achieved grades, and that they don't meet the entry criteria, they're probably waiting to see how many of the candidates to whom they've made offers already choose them as their firm or insurance choice.
Only when those other candidates have done that will they know whether they have any capacity to make offers to those who have achieved "near miss" grades.
Thank you for your reply, it has helped lift some of the stress 👍😊
Reply 6
yes, most of the candidates prefer LSE than Warwick for economics.
Reply 7
Hi all!

I just got my neuroscience offer at warick yesterday so yours should be coming soon if it hasn’t already
Hi,
I am in the same situation, home student for Accounting and finance..

I think they prefer international fees students
They are waiting until the end to check the number of students the have.

Please let me know as soon as you receive the answer.
Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending