The Student Room Group

A-Level Summer job

Hi!
I'm currently about to sit my exams in a few weeks but, alongside this I've started to look for a summer job, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to start or what kind of jobs would be best to apply for because it's extremely hard to find one locally for summer, as it is so competitive in my area. I've tried emailing some places, and looked on many companies websites and have also asked around. I also have a year's worth of experience in a tuition company but I am looking to hopefully secure a job for the summer! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by reneee603
Hi!
I'm currently about to sit my exams in a few weeks but, alongside this I've started to look for a summer job, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to start or what kind of jobs would be best to apply for because it's extremely hard to find one locally for summer, as it is so competitive in my area. I've tried emailing some places, and looked on many companies websites and have also asked around. I also have a year's worth of experience in a tuition company but I am looking to hopefully secure a job for the summer! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I know that clarks tend to have summer jobs, as thats their busiest time of year.
We have a local uniform shop that sells school uniforms, uniforms for clubs such as brownies, guides, cubs, scouts, and various other uniforms that advertises for summer jobs as that is their busiest time of year with parents buying school uniforms. If there are any similar shops near you then that is an option.
Also try local kids clubs, play schemes etc, as they tend to have stuff going on in school holidays.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
I know that clarks tend to have summer jobs, as thats their busiest time of year.
We have a local uniform shop that sells school uniforms, uniforms for clubs such as brownies, guides, cubs, scouts, and various other uniforms that advertises for summer jobs as that is their busiest time of year with parents buying school uniforms. If there are any similar shops near you then that is an option.
Also try local kids clubs, play schemes etc, as they tend to have stuff going on in school holidays.

Yesss thankfully we do! I never thought of this one! Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending