The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Missed deadline to accept Nottingham accommodation

My daughter applied for Nottingham Uni accommodation as soon as it opened (midnight on 3 April). We'd been told when we last visited that it would take about 2 weeks to receive the offer but just discovered the email came out the next day but went into her spam folder as it had no subject (other Nottingham Uni emails have been received OK). The deadline to accept the accommodation was Thursday but we only found the email today, and only because I saw some students posting on this site about receiving their accommodation offers.
She can't accept the offer now, it has expired. Tried ringing the number given but the person who answered said it was the wrong department!
Is anyone else currently in or been in this situation with Nottingham? Anyone know how likely it is that she will still get her first choice? So annoying that she missed the email and would have accepted it straight away if she'd seen it.
TIA!
Original post by Turtle83
My daughter applied for Nottingham Uni accommodation as soon as it opened (midnight on 3 April). We'd been told when we last visited that it would take about 2 weeks to receive the offer but just discovered the email came out the next day but went into her spam folder as it had no subject (other Nottingham Uni emails have been received OK). The deadline to accept the accommodation was Thursday but we only found the email today, and only because I saw some students posting on this site about receiving their accommodation offers.
She can't accept the offer now, it has expired. Tried ringing the number given but the person who answered said it was the wrong department!
Is anyone else currently in or been in this situation with Nottingham? Anyone know how likely it is that she will still get her first choice? So annoying that she missed the email and would have accepted it straight away if she'd seen it.
TIA!

From https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/student-living/frequently-asked-questions.aspx#:~:text=We%20will%20guarantee%20you%20a,accommodation%20by%2031%20July%202024
Could you contact https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/student-living/contact.aspx and explain your situation?
(edited 1 month ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Turtle83
TIA!

Hi! You could email [email protected] and provide the UCAS ID number and situation. You can also use this link https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/student-living/contact.aspx which has a number of contact details. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending