The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Kent or Hertfordshire for MS in CS

Which should I choose for MS in computer science? University of Kent or University of Hertfordshire? Which is better for employment after my post graduation?
Hey @karthikvcena !

Thanks for considering Herts as your place of study! In terms of employment, graduates of MSc Computer Science have gone on to work for Google, Parker Hannifin, and Kellkoo - our Careers and Employment team can support you in your pursuit for an exciting role.

I think it would be a great idea to sign up for Unibuddy, where you can speak with Mahendra Nath Reddy, an ambassador who is currently studying Computer science, AI and robotics! You can also join groups and chat with other students to gain an insight into life at Herts.

Also, though this isn't related to employment, we have a brand new state-of-the-art SPECS building opening soon, which you could have the pleasure of using when studying at Herts! Click here for more info

I hope this helped, good luck with your academic pursuits - we hope to see you at the University of Hertfordshire soon 🙂

Juan
Marketing
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by karthikvcena
Which should I choose for MS in computer science? University of Kent or University of Hertfordshire? Which is better for employment after my post graduation?

Hi @karthikvcena,

Great to hear you're considering Herts for your postgrad studies. Just to add to Juan's comments, I wanted to highlight a few credentials to assure you of the quality of the education and qualification you would receive at Herts:

Reputation - Herts is ranked 2nd for overall satisfaction in the most recent Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey

Employment prospects - 93% of our postgraduates are in work or further study within 15 months of finishing their degrees

World-leading research - you would be joining an institution with 90% of its computer science research ranked as world-leading or internationally excellent, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF, 2021).

Location - our close proximity to London opens up a wealth of study, social and career opportunities.

These are just some of the reasons why Herts would be a great choice. We'd urge you to join our online open events so that you can get a real feel for the quality of the teaching and outstanding facilities and opportunities that would be available to you. We're hosting a live chat on 24 April, where you can chat to our support teams about the application process, accommodation, student finance etc, and then our full online open event will take place across the week of 17 June, where you can speak directly to course leaders, who will give further insights into career opportunities. You can book both us on our postgrad events page.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and all the best with your decision 🙂

Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Original post by karthikvcena

Hi there

It is great to hear you are considering Kent as one of your options. 😀 At the University of Kent, we have exceptional careers advisors that are experienced in providing tailored careers advice to students from different courses and backgrounds. As a final year law student, I have found our Careers and Employability services really amazing. You can book multiple appointments to discuss potential career options, practice interviews, the team are also able to review any job applications you make and provide feedback before you send them off. 🙂 You can find more information on this here: Careers and employability service - University of Kent. These services and career development workshops can be accessed by students for up to 3 years after their graduation.

At Kent, we also offer Kent exclusive opportunities to students. All students can participate in this through the employability points schemes, where we are able to log our extra-curricular activities in exchange for the chance to participate on internships, work experience placements, work shadowing opportunities etc. These will look really good on your CV! 🙂 More information on this can be found here: Employability Points - University of Kent.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending