The Student Room Group

how stalkerish am I?

I saw this guy at the beginning of year 12 and we locked eyes and it felt like the whole world stopped. I haven't had a crush in 6 years, no idea why but he was defo my type in terms of appearance so i guess thats why i felt like everything stopped - I made eye contact and held it with a guy i could drop everything for - I sound so pathetic.
Anyways he goes to a school near mine and my friend also goes there, she also thinks he's good looking so if she found out any info when it comes to his personality. He sounds like a nice guy by the sounds of it. I haven't spoken to him and i haven't gotten the chance too as we don't have strong connections. But i found his insta, snap and his Spotify. I also found his sister lol. By pure coincidence, i may have found the place he works at but that was purely, right time - right place sort of thing, I haven't gone back to his work because i'm too scared so idk if its definite or not.
My friends also find out info about guys they see on the street but like the more i think about it, I feel bad because i know about this guy but he doesn't know i exist. The only possible reason he could know i exist is from me adding him on snap and occasionally seeing each other on the street.
I haven't had a crush or obsessed over in ages so i find it all weird, it also angers me how i won't have a change bc no opportunities have sprung my way. How do I get over these feelings and focus on smt else?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I saw this guy at the beginning of year 12 and we locked eyes and it felt like the whole world stopped. I haven't had a crush in 6 years, no idea why but he was defo my type in terms of appearance so i guess thats why i felt like everything stopped - I made eye contact and held it with a guy i could drop everything for - I sound so pathetic.
Anyways he goes to a school near mine and my friend also goes there, she also thinks he's good looking so if she found out any info when it comes to his personality. He sounds like a nice guy by the sounds of it. I haven't spoken to him and i haven't gotten the chance too as we don't have strong connections. But i found his insta, snap and his Spotify. I also found his sister lol. By pure coincidence, i may have found the place he works at but that was purely, right time - right place sort of thing, I haven't gone back to his work because i'm too scared so idk if its definite or not.
My friends also find out info about guys they see on the street but like the more i think about it, I feel bad because i know about this guy but he doesn't know i exist. The only possible reason he could know i exist is from me adding him on snap and occasionally seeing each other on the street.
I haven't had a crush or obsessed over in ages so i find it all weird, it also angers me how i won't have a change bc no opportunities have sprung my way. How do I get over these feelings and focus on smt else?
he's mostly actively on spotify so when i get bored i just look at which songs he's listened too

If you want to get over these feelings, I would say try to find happiness and joy in something else (or just shift your focus).
You could start working on a personal project, a new hobby, a sport, a club, etc... - or even spend time outside with your family or friends.

Speaking about opportunities, you could always initiate the first move and find someone else.

I hope everything goes well for you, good luck! :biggrin:

I forgot to mention that the stalker concept you're talking about is entirely normal. I've met some people who feel this way too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending