The Student Room Group

CONCERNED SRA Character & Suitability Test

Hi everyone, I am currently 21 about to start my law conversion in September, I have one academic misconduct on an assessment and have had quite a few financial issues in regards to paying off loans etc; but I am at the end of paying off al my debt. would this be an issue in regards to my character test ?
Original post by miapennales
Hi everyone, I am currently 21 about to start my law conversion in September, I have one academic misconduct on an assessment and have had quite a few financial issues in regards to paying off loans etc; but I am at the end of paying off al my debt. would this be an issue in regards to my character test ?

All you can do is be honest, disclose and explain your change of circumstances. maybe speak to the SRA to determine suitability etc. Good luck.
The SRA sucks anyway . Pretty damn uselss people.
Reply 3
Original post by littlelegsldn
All you can do is be honest, disclose and explain your change of circumstances. maybe speak to the SRA to determine suitability etc. Good luck.

O thank you :smile:
Original post by miapennales

Hi @miapennales,

With this kind of situation, honesty really is the best policy! I would disclose everything and see what they have to say about it. I would try not to worry too much and just explain your circumstances 🙂
Reply 5
I had a similar issue. I was up front and honest with the SRA. Be prepared for it to take a long time and to be asked a lot of questions. They are going to want evidence you are on top of your debts and finances now so maintain a clean record.

Don’t try to hide anything - chances are they’ll find it and that will work against you.

My case worker was very approachable while remaining professional and I was admitted after showing that I had learned from my earlier mistakes and was on top of my current finances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending