The Student Room Group

Student Finance help

Hi, I applied for student finance for a tuition fee loan only and not for maintenance loan but didn't know they would therefore not ask for household income due to this. But I still want the bursary from my uni, so I did some research and found you can complete the additional forms (household income and PFF2) and upload, but on the student finance website it says to only upload supporting evidence they asked for, otherwise this will delay my application. Also, you have to post the form to change my application to be based on household income and upload OR post the PFF2 right? If so, is it alright if I post both at the same time + post the PFF2 on my account, to be safe?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anam.A
Hi, I applied for student finance for a tuition fee loan only and not for maintenance loan but didn't know they would therefore not ask for household income due to this. But I still want the bursary from my uni, so I did some research and found you can complete the additional forms (household income and PFF2) and upload, but on the student finance website it says to only upload supporting evidence they asked for, otherwise this will delay my application. Also, you have to post the form to change my application to be based on household income and upload OR post the PFF2 right? If so, is it alright if I post both at the same time + post the PFF2 on my account, to be safe?

Hi there,

The PFF2 and Household income (NMT-MT) form can both be uploaded digitally online. Once you upload them they'll go into the queue and take approximately 20 working days for processing.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
The PFF2 and Household income (NMT-MT) form can both be uploaded digitally online. Once you upload them they'll go into the queue and take approximately 20 working days for processing.
Thanks, Ross

Thank you
Original post by Anam.A
Thank you

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Hi,

Just another quick question, I was reading on the university I have applied to's website, and it says I have to have consented to share my details on my student finance application form so I can receive bursary, but I am not sure when this was asked when filling the form out. How can I therefore check whether I have consented?

Thanks,
Anam
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anam.A
Hi,
Just another quick question, I was reading on the university I have applied to's website, and it says I have to have consented to share my details on my student finance application form so I can receive bursary, but I am not sure when this was asked when filling the form out. How can I therefore check whether I have consented?
Thanks,
Anam

Hi Anam,

If you check directly with your parents. The university will always be able to confirm this once it's completed and can confirm if they can see the household income to assess you. You can also check directly with us via the live chat in your account. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Anam,
If you check directly with your parents. The university will always be able to confirm this once it's completed and can confirm if they can see the household income to assess you. You can also check directly with us via the live chat in your account. Thanks, Jason

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
Original post by Anam.A
Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Hi,

With regards to my previous query about household income and bursary, my account has now updated to show my parents' names and now says '..HMRC INCOME REQUEST SENT' - is there anything further that my parents need to do? Also, it says on my to-do list that I need to upload my bank details to receive any maintenance loans or grants - so should I upload this or not because I only changed my application and uploaded the household + PFF2 forms so that I could receive bursary and (don't want any maintenance loan)?

Thanks,
Anam
Hi Anam.A,

Your parents don't need to do anything further if they live in the UK, we will be able to verify their income details with HMRC.

You don't need to upload any evidence of your bank details but you can add bank details to your application through your online account. These will be needed if you are awarded a bursary.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 10
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Anam.A,
Your parents don't need to do anything further if they live in the UK, we will be able to verify their income details with HMRC.
You don't need to upload any evidence of your bank details but you can add bank details to your application through your online account. These will be needed if you are awarded a bursary.
Thanks,
Calum

That's great, thank you for your help
Original post by Anam.A
Thank you

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 12
Hi,

Sorry this question may seem a bit repetitive but I just wanted to confirm whether I have to give my bank details because it says it needs this to process my payments ( I already provided this in my original application for tuition fee loan and I don't want maintenance loan but still want bursary)?

Thanks, Anam
Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 15.02.33.png
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Hi, yes, we need the to pay the bursary into your account. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 14
Thank you
You're welcome. Have a nice day!
Reply 16
Original post by Leah SLC
You're welcome. Have a nice day!

Thank you and you too
Original post by Anam.A
Thank you and you too

If you have any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest