The Student Room Group

Working during A-Levels

Hi guys, i’m really stuck on what i should do here.
I recently got a job because my parents wanted me to get a part time job for a while, but i’m worried that this job will cut revision time off.

Ive already had 3 shifts at the pub i work at , the job isn’t so bad it’s just the hours and the times i finish that i don’t really like.

So far im doing 11 hours a week and i usually finish 9pm / 10pm.

What do u think i should do? I was thinking about quitting and doing something like volunteering in the mean time to keep my parents happy that i am doing some form of work… what do u think?
Reply 1
You should speak to your manager and tell them that you need to lower your hours during the week because your a student and studying for your A levels.

if they dont comply with your request then maybe quit cause they don't respect your chosen working hours.

do whatever you feel is best for you xx
Original post by username6478130
Hi guys, i’m really stuck on what i should do here.
I recently got a job because my parents wanted me to get a part time job for a while, but i’m worried that this job will cut revision time off.

Ive already had 3 shifts at the pub i work at , the job isn’t so bad it’s just the hours and the times i finish that i don’t really like.

So far im doing 11 hours a week and i usually finish 9pm / 10pm.

What do u think i should do? I was thinking about quitting and doing something like volunteering in the mean time to keep my parents happy that i am doing some form of work… what do u think?

Id try and stick it out. 11 hours a week isnt too bad. You have only done 3 shifts so are still new to the job/settling in.
If your working hours are too late- then id speak to them to see about altering your shofts so you arent working as late, mainly in the week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending