The Student Room Group

Gcse classical civilisation ocr

By any chance, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STRUCTURE FOR THE 15 MARK. I've noticed that there is not much support online regarding this GCSE and I don't like it, however, if you've done the GCSE, any advice for what to do to Gain more marks in them ESPECIALLY THE AO2 PART BECAUSE I KNOW THE KNOWLEDGE BUT NEED MORE HELP ANALYSING IT.The MARK SCHEME also makes it A BIT HARDER FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND THE A02 AS IT CAN CHANGE. Finally, if you have any access to FULL exemplar ANSWERS b/c I CAN'T FIND THEM.
Original post by teni_802
By any chance, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STRUCTURE FOR THE 15 MARK. I've noticed that there is not much support online regarding this GCSE and I don't like it, however, if you've done the GCSE, any advice for what to do to Gain more marks in them ESPECIALLY THE AO2 PART BECAUSE I KNOW THE KNOWLEDGE BUT NEED MORE HELP ANALYSING IT.The MARK SCHEME also makes it A BIT HARDER FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND THE A02 AS IT CAN CHANGE. Finally, if you have any access to FULL exemplar ANSWERS b/c I CAN'T FIND THEM.

Hey! Fellow classics GCSE student here, I normally get 13-15/15 on these questions and here’s my breakdown the 15 marker:

start with an introduction, a short one will do (e.g. If the question was asking would you consider Hector, from the Iliad as a hero, you would write an introduction on what you'd classify as a hero)

Write 3-5 analytical paragraphs with evidence (can be a quote or specific action)
For paragraphs I always use the structure of PEA - point, evidence, analysis.

End with a short conclusion on which side you're on, either for or against the main question.

Good luck and wish you the best for the coming GCSEs!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest