The Student Room Group

Renting requirements?

We’ve rented before but now my boyfriend is self employed and we coincidentally really want to move out of my parents asap. I am on £46K and he still earns roughly £1800-2000 pcm.

I’m not worried about showing my payslips because I get paid every month / can even show my December bonuses but I’m worried we will get rejected cos my boyfriend has only very recently become self employed and doesn’t get a payslip now. We don’t wait to wait until next year when he has to do a tax return.

We are happy to put our parents as guarantors but I’m so worried we will look unfavourable to landlords even though we know we have a stable income

Will we be able to rent a nice place? The properties we are looking at are £1500 pcm which is very manageable but I’m just stressed
Original post by Anonymous
We’ve rented before but now my boyfriend is self employed and we coincidentally really want to move out of my parents asap. I am on £46K and he still earns roughly £1800-2000 pcm.
I’m not worried about showing my payslips because I get paid every month / can even show my December bonuses but I’m worried we will get rejected cos my boyfriend has only very recently become self employed and doesn’t get a payslip now. We don’t wait to wait until next year when he has to do a tax return.
We are happy to put our parents as guarantors but I’m so worried we will look unfavourable to landlords even though we know we have a stable income
Will we be able to rent a nice place? The properties we are looking at are £1500 pcm which is very manageable but I’m just stressed

So, you take home about £3k pcm? You should be able to afford a rent of £1,500 pcm on your own, so I doubt that landlords would reject you for that reason.
Reply 2
As above. You pay the rent, your boyfriend pays you half directly, or he covers other bills and makes up the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending