The Student Room Group

BA (hons) Philosophy at University of London/OU student finance query

Hi,

I just wondered if I studied the above degree with London distance learning part time for 6 years would I still be entitled to ESA/PIP? This is literally the only income I have.

Thanks,
Original post by mechanical-twitc
Hi,
I just wondered if I studied the above degree with London distance learning part time for 6 years would I still be entitled to ESA/PIP? This is literally the only income I have.
Thanks,

Hi there,

Would you also be applying for a Maintenance Loan? Sometimes it can have an effect on your benefits.

Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
Would you also be applying for a Maintenance Loan? Sometimes it can have an effect on your benefits.
Thanks, Ross

Hi,

I am not sure. Is it compulsory to request a maintenance loan while you're on benefits and then have a certain amount deducted on the benefits? Or can I just keep my benefits and disregard the maintenance loan?
Hi,
I am not sure. Is it compulsory to request a maintenance loan while you're on benefits and then have a certain amount deducted on the benefits? Or can I just keep my benefits and disregard the maintenance loan?

Hi,

It's up to yourself really. You don't need to take a Maintenance Loan if you don't require it.

Thanks, Ross
Hi,
It's up to yourself really. You don't need to take a Maintenance Loan if you don't require it.
Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

Thank you so much for answering my question I was really scared I'd lose the benefits.

Kind regards
Hi,
Thanks, Ross

What about a part time/full time face to face course? asking as I have other interests in different subjects.
What about a part time/full time face to face course? asking as I have other interests in different subjects.

Hi there,

Just to check, are you asking in terms of how this may affect any benefits you receive?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
Just to check, are you asking in terms of how this may affect any benefits you receive?
Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

Yes.
Hi there. We know it can affect some benefits, but not which ones. You would be best speaking with your benefit office directly regarding this. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending