The Student Room Group

Mature students? Newcastle?

Hey
Is anyone starting in 2024 as a mature student? I am 25 and worried about starting and being put with lots of young people in my accommodation who wanna part 24/7!
I'm not all boring but I want to do well and am concerned about this as I'm kinda past it
Reply 1
I'll be almost 23 when I start in the fall so I know how you feel. I'm unsuccessfully scrambling to find housing with other graduates because I can't be bothered with the drinking and messy flats
Reply 2
Original post by rmital2
I'll be almost 23 when I start in the fall so I know how you feel. I'm unsuccessfully scrambling to find housing with other graduates because I can't be bothered with the drinking and messy flats
Glad I’m not the only one! Where are you studying? I’m dreading the mess and dishes 🤣
Reply 3
Hello 😊 I'll be going back as a mature postgrad student at 30 and definitely feeling a bit worried about accommodation if it makes you feel any better!
I'm not sure I can go back to full-on student house living but I'm finding it difficult to find much else out there so far eek..
Reply 4
Original post by RLS3023
Hello 😊 I'll be going back as a mature postgrad student at 30 and definitely feeling a bit worried about accommodation if it makes you feel any better!
I'm not sure I can go back to full-on student house living but I'm finding it difficult to find much else out there so far eek..

I know I’m the exact same, considered paying for for my own kitchen etc but hate it’s in my room/living room as a studio but not sure if there’s much other option! Hopefully the unis will consider this??
Drop me a message if you're considering sharing, I am going to be a registrar in public health and will do a masters with the uni.
Heyy I guess I am also a mature student 👵, I’m going to be turning 25 in October. I just booked accommodation in halls again, and the one I booked with, you can see the students ages. Hopeful they’re not all first years 🤞.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending