The Student Room Group

Parties in Private accom

are you allowed to have or host parties in private accommodation or are they normally rules against it?
What kind of private accommodation? If it is a private student halls (building of flat solely for the purpose of student living) then you can arrange a party by booking their common hall. Room parties are generally not favoured but might be allowed so best ask the manager on site.

For private house that has been let to students- occasional parties are okay but you need to think of your neighbours too.
Original post by Justcurious_yr12
What kind of private accommodation? If it is a private student halls (building of flat solely for the purpose of student living) then you can arrange a party by booking their common hall. Room parties are generally not favoured but might be allowed so best ask the manager on site.
For private house that has been let to students- occasional parties are okay but you need to think of your neighbours too.

Thanks Its private student halls but I'm not sure what the process would be for booking their halls? like do I call them or check a website idk
Original post by flat-countenance
Thanks Its private student halls but I'm not sure what the process would be for booking their halls? like do I call them or check a website idk

If you have a manned reception then just talk to them even if they are a student who has taken up the role otherwise look for contact in your contract.
Bookings are usually to avoid clashes. If you look into your contract you might find something regarding parties/get together in common areas.
Original post by Justcurious_yr12
If you have a manned reception then just talk to them even if they are a student who has taken up the role otherwise look for contact in your contract.
Bookings are usually to avoid clashes. If you look into your contract you might find something regarding parties/get together in common areas.

how do I find my contract
how do I find my contract

Didn't you sign anything when you moved in?
are you allowed to have or host parties in private accommodation or are they normally rules against it?

Hello there!

Throwing a party in your own place sounds fun, but there can be a few bumps. Check your lease or chat with your landlord to see if there are noise restrictions or limits on guests. Student halls might have common areas for parties, but otherwise, keep it chill. Local laws might have quiet hours, too, so check online to avoid any grumpy neighbours or fines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending