The Student Room Group

Uni housing

Hi i was planning to go into a second year house with my flatmates from this year however my circumstances have changed. We were supposed to be paying for a security deposit tomorrow (I didn’t know it was tomorrow) and they are also saying that they don’t want to live with strangers. I have asked them if there is anyone they know that needs a house I would be happy to contact them but i think they are frustrated at the short notice. Which is understandable but i have financial issues which I believe would negatively affected them as well as me recently. Any advice on what to do???
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Rose2018.
Hi i was planning to go into a second year house with my flatmates from this year however my circumstances have changed. We were supposed to be paying for a security deposit tomorrow (I didn’t know it was tomorrow) and they are also saying that they don’t want to live with strangers. I have asked them if there is anyone they know that needs a house I would be happy to contact them but i think they are frustrated at the short notice. Which is understandable but i have financial issues which I believe would negatively affected them as well as me recently. Any advice on what to do???

Where will you live if you don't sign up for this house?
Hi,

Have you signed any contracts yet? Or is it just the deposit you’re paying?

Have you spoken to your university about how they could support you with your financial situation. I know at YSJ, there’s a student support fund, that’s available to all students, so your university may offer something similar?

Good luck!

Suzan - Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending