The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Lit Question

Ok so yk in the literature u get that 45 marker on whatever novel/book you do
I’m doing tkam (to kill a mockingbird), is it better to do the theme or the character question?!?!
Reply 1
Original post by mayarpapayar
Ok so yk in the literature u get that 45 marker on whatever novel/book you do
I’m doing tkam (to kill a mockingbird), is it better to do the theme or the character question?!?!

I personally say theme is much better and easier to prepare for as you can apply characters to it and it gives an opportunity to show off on your knowledge for minor characters if you chose to prepare more sophisticated quotes and analysis, for example for me context is easier to use and if the question was prejudice you can outline the different types such as racism, sexism classism and apply a character in each or event eg the case and Tom Robinson or atticus for racism, scout and aunt Alexandra which embodies patriarchal values and bob Ewell for classism.
Original post by Anaturek
I personally say theme is much better and easier to prepare for as you can apply characters to it and it gives an opportunity to show off on your knowledge for minor characters if you chose to prepare more sophisticated quotes and analysis, for example for me context is easier to use and if the question was prejudice you can outline the different types such as racism, sexism classism and apply a character in each or event eg the case and Tom Robinson or atticus for racism, scout and aunt Alexandra which embodies patriarchal values and bob Ewell for classism.

Okkk thanks so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending