The Student Room Group

Worried about a level English lit compared to gcse

I’ve applied and been accepted to do English literature next year but I’m starting to worry if it will be too hard? I’m currently getting around a grade 6 in English lit gcse which is the entry requirement for the sixth form. I do enjoy reading but I’m not sure if I would be great at analysing full meaning of texts… But I’m thinking of switching, as I worry it will be too hard and too advanced for me as I would need to get a B at a level for university. Did anyone who got a 6 at gcse do well at a level I could really do with some advice as it’s possible for me to switch to history a level. Thankyou to anyone who replies much appreciated!
Original post by Alice554
I’ve applied and been accepted to do English literature next year but I’m starting to worry if it will be too hard? I’m currently getting around a grade 6 in English lit gcse which is the entry requirement for the sixth form. I do enjoy reading but I’m not sure if I would be great at analysing full meaning of texts… But I’m thinking of switching, as I worry it will be too hard and too advanced for me as I would need to get a B at a level for university. Did anyone who got a 6 at gcse do well at a level I could really do with some advice as it’s possible for me to switch to history a level. Thankyou to anyone who replies much appreciated!

I did both history and English lit at Alevels and I wouldn’t say that history is any easier than English. While they both are definitely a step up from gcse it is a gradual increase. Your teachers will prepare you and teach you how to improve so I would not worry to much and instead choose what you would prefer to do as it will make
the course so much easier if you enjoy them.

Quick Reply

Latest