The Student Room Group

Year 10 Work Experience 2024

I have a week off in July that my school have given me to do work experience and I’ve called and emailed so many places but they’ve all said No sorry we don’t offer work experience here” or “You have to be over 16/18 to do work experience here” or some emails that I would get back would be an automatic response or an email that didn’t answer my question about work experience. A few places did say that they would call me back but that never actually did so..

Has anybody on here done Year 10 WE and if you have can you direct me to some places where I could go and ask. I don’t mind what field it’s in as long as I can get one before my deadline. I shouldn’t have left it so late😰.
Have you tried schools? Try private schools too, including faith and say that you would be very keen to help teachers in the classroom. Doesn't your school use a platform where you can choose, normally jobs with the least competition? Nowadays places don't care about employing children even if it is for work experience. I have seen students doing work experience at Tesco but they must have either used their school's preferred online platform or known somebody who referred them.
Reply 2
Original post by BreadForce
Have you tried schools? Try private schools too, including faith and say that you would be very keen to help teachers in the classroom. Doesn't your school use a platform where you can choose, normally jobs with the least competition? Nowadays places don't care about employing children even if it is for work experience. I have seen students doing work experience at Tesco but they must have either used their school's preferred online platform or known somebody who referred them.

I emailed my primary and another nursery and they said that they can both offer me WE.
Original post by Ilovemygf.
I emailed my primary and another nursery and they said that they can both offer me WE.

That's great! Be professional and always listen. Be proactive. Some teachers say that most of their WE students don;t finish the week and refuse to work, couldn't find transport etc! Ridiculous!
Original post by Ilovemygf.

Try to get a confirmation about the dates. They should send you documents like a contract to sign. Ask your school.
Reply 5
Original post by BreadForce
Try to get a confirmation about the dates. They should send you documents like a contract to sign. Ask your school.

I already have everything sorted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending