The Student Room Group

MSc Petroleum Engineering - Aberdeen or Heriot-Watt?

Can anyone help me in choosing the best option between these 2 Unis ( Aberdeen and Heriot-Watt) for Masters in Petroleum Engineering
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Akhil2208
Can anyone help me in choosing the best option between these 2 Unis ( Aberdeen and Heriot-Watt) for Masters in Petroleum Engineering
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Thank you for your interest in us! Just wanted to come in with some general advice that I hope will be helpful in you deciding.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is.
It's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. Do you want to be close to or far away from home, do you want to be in a big or small city, are there things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities.
Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing.

At Postgraduate I realise there will be other considerations, and we have some options for you to talk to our students if you want to get a better idea of what it's like to do your Masters with us: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/engineering/courses/meet-our-students-759.php

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision! Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending