The Student Room Group

I really miss my best friend

I've been best friends with her for three years and we've know each other for nine years. I don't know what happened, but we're not close anymore. We've both struggled with depression and she's gotten into drugs but only recreationally. I'm not sure what to do. Every time I reach out to her, she's always busy or just "can't hang out". I miss her so so much. Please I need advice.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been best friends with her for three years and we've know each other for nine years. I don't know what happened, but we're not close anymore. We've both struggled with depression and she's gotten into drugs but only recreationally. I'm not sure what to do. Every time I reach out to her, she's always busy or just "can't hang out". I miss her so so much. Please I need advice.

I'm sorry this happened to both of you!
It could be she's trying to cut you off - I was in a similar situation once with a best friend of 10 years, and she just plainly told me, "We should stop." and it was quite obvious she wanted nothing to do with me anymore after I moved to a different country.

Change is hard to face, but everything's impermanent. Anyhow, this is the time to move on and find joy in something else. It could be a hobby, new friendships, a club, a sport, etc...

I wish you all the best and I hope things go well both ways for you and her. :smile:
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I'm sorry this happened to both of you!
It could be she's trying to cut you off - I was in a similar situation once with a best friend of 10 years, and she just plainly told me,
Original post by Anonymous
Perhaps it's worth telling her exactly how you feel - see what she says. It might encourage her to make more time for your friendship, if that's what you both want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending