The Student Room Group

Durham vs Nottingham vs Warwick vs Bristol for LLB

I have unconditional offers for both Durham and Nottingham and put on hold for Bristol. I am an international student so as much as I wish to visit the campus I am unable due to other commitments. Between the Unis which would be the best for Magic Circle/ opportunities? I am currently leaning toward Durham for the small-town feel but worry about the cost and housing being difficult. Yet I also like Nottingham for it being a campus and easier to resupply and housing. So now really stuck about which would be better
can you follow both threads on this site for Durham 2024 and Nottingham 2024 and trawl through for law applicants? Both sound great, but think that Durham do talk a lot about careers advice and support so perhaps message their careers’ support email if you can find one to put your specific question to them as a starting point
Reply 2
Original post by Enwg
I have unconditional offers for both Durham and Nottingham and put on hold for Bristol. I am an international student so as much as I wish to visit the campus I am unable due to other commitments. Between the Unis which would be the best for Magic Circle/ opportunities? I am currently leaning toward Durham for the small-town feel but worry about the cost and housing being difficult. Yet I also like Nottingham for it being a campus and easier to resupply and housing. So now really stuck about which would be better

Regarding career opportunities and getting training contracts, Durham, Bristol and Warwick are all on par. They are equally strong in terms of reputation, so of those, it will make little/no difference to career opps. Nottingham is good also, but maybe slightly behind them as it's reputation does seem to have declined a bit of late, although it still will not make much of a difference to career opps. It will be more about everything else on your CV.

That's just regarding career opps though. The most important thing is choosing a place that you would like to live in for 3 years in my opinion, and that's purely down to you I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending