The Student Room Group

Leiden University Vs Durham University

Hello!

So I just got my offer from Leiden to do a BA in International Studies with a CCC requirement and all - am currently looking at accomodation.

I am sort of stressing though as I also have an offer from Durham to study a BA in Classics with a BBB requirement. Keep in mind that I would rather a career in diplomacy than one in Classics (e.g. Museum curatorship)

I have absolutely no clue what to go for. Leiden offered a 2.5k Tuition Fee compared to Durham's 9.2k fee but obviously Durham has a better international reputation and a Collegiate system with guaranteed accomodation.

Can anyone help?
Step back from 'which Uni' etc - and think about which subject do you want to do.

Your graduate opportunities will be pretty similar between Leiden and Durham, so where does your real academic interest lie, and which course you will enjoy is more important than nebulous ideas of 'reputation'.
Original post by McGinger
Step back from 'which Uni' etc - and think about which subject do you want to do.
Your graduate opportunities will be pretty similar between Leiden and Durham, so where does your real academic interest lie, and which course you will enjoy is more important than nebulous ideas of 'reputation'.

That's true.. while I do love Classics and will continue to study it in my free time - I aspire for a career in diplomacy or something involving travel and meaningful work. International Studies looks like a great course so I'd assume that leads me to Leiden?

One thing I'm trying to get past is that I like Durham city and its sites a lot more than Leiden's sites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending