The Student Room Group

is there any way to prepare for ucat if you are in year 10

please reply x
Reply 1
Year 10 is too early to begin UCAT preparation imo. Focus on your GCSEs. Besides, you may very well have a change of heart regarding your career aspirations within the next two years.
Reply 2
Original post by Methene
Year 10 is too early to begin UCAT preparation imo. Focus on your GCSEs. Besides, you may very well have a change of heart regarding your career aspirations within the next two years.
i know , gcse is my focus , but ucat is more reasoning and icl am kinda dumb at those stuff
Reply 3
Original post by Alm_xo
i know , gcse is my focus , but ucat is more reasoning and icl am kinda dumb at those stuff

You will have plenty of time to prepare. If you want you could try some logic puzzles and such to get a feel for them. Don't need to go out of your way though
Original post by Alm_xo
please reply x

dear alm if that is your real name IF I CAN Give you One peace of advice it would be relax trust gets some allright gases and chill dude trust im doing maths computer science a level and one thing i have learnt is if you cant take a chill pill u probably wont get tripel a and event if you do you will be ******* misreble cus u spent 4 years dedicating your self to arbitrary test so chill dude everyone knows your smart.
Reply 5
Original post by Alm_xo
please reply x

Start practicing speed reading and mental maths
Original post by Alm_xo
please reply x

Hi there,

Year 10 is very early to start thinking about UCAT preparation. I think it would be better to focus on your GCSEs and getting the grades you will need to get into college and then medical school. I revised for my UCAT for 6-8 weeks in the summer between year 12 and year 13 and I did well.
If you really want to revise for it now you could start practicing the abstract reasoning or trying to get quicker with your mental maths

I hope this helps

Ellen
Y4 Medical Student
Uni of Sunderland
Original post by GANFYD
Start practicing speed reading and mental maths

Best advice going 🙌
But just to make it simpler, since ur in year 10 as well and it’s early and u need to focus on gcses as well, then just practice one thing and I think speed reading would be the best one to practice. I don’t know the best ways to do this but id suggest reading books 🤷*♂️

But yh practice speed reading once a week maybe 👍
Reply 8
Original post by academic.warrior
Best advice going 🙌
But just to make it simpler, since ur in year 10 as well and it’s early and u need to focus on gcses as well, then just practice one thing and I think speed reading would be the best one to practice. I don’t know the best ways to do this but id suggest reading books 🤷*♂️
But yh practice speed reading once a week maybe 👍

Some people say this is very good, but just reading more can be helpful
https://www.spreeder.com/
Reply 9
Original post by imnotsmart3
dear alm if that is your real name IF I CAN Give you One peace of advice it would be relax trust gets some allright gases and chill dude trust im doing maths computer science a level and one thing i have learnt is if you cant take a chill pill u probably wont get tripel a and event if you do you will be ******* misreble cus u spent 4 years dedicating your self to arbitrary test so chill dude everyone knows your smart.

oh thankss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending