The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath or Leeds?

Please help! I have an offer from Bath to study Politics with economics and understand that it is a great university in terms of prestige and career prospects however I also know its a very different student experience to a university like leeds or Birmingham. Im then worried that it won't be as enjoyable. Is this the case? can someone make my uni decision for me :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
ultimately, only you can make that decision :smile:
to help you figure out, maybe compare choice of modules offered at each university as well as style of teaching and so on. also, where can you see yourself living for the next 3/4 years - would you be happy to live in bath? deciding what is enjoyable is a very subjective thing, what are you interested in? also, finance/cost of living is a useful factor to consider too?
Leeds night life is a lot more full on, Bath’s is good but it is smaller, more like a large town environment (100k population). Bath is close to Bristol for nights out and it’s fairly cheap for taxis and busses. People I know who have gone to both have loved it. But as another user said, only you can make that decision. Have you visited the universities?
Look at the course content - for all years of each course - and think carefully about the reality of being 'between' two departments. There will be compromises as you will not get the choice of all units in each subject - make sure the selection you are being offered is actually what interests you.

Be aware that 'with Economics' means that Econ is the minor subject, and most of your degree will be Politics. Is this the same for your other offers - and are they 'with' (usually means 75/25 or similar split) or 'and' (50/50 split)? Think carefully about the reality of each coourse - because its this that you study every day and not 'the University'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending