The Student Room Group

LSE vs PwC accounting and finance

I have received offers from LSE accounting and finance and PwC flying start Newcastle accounting and finance. I genuinely have no idea of what to pick!!

LSE is my dream Uni ... but the PwC placements on the flying start are extremely atttractive (they are paid and you do placements in year 2,3,4) and if you graduate high enough it is a guaranteed graduate role with the. However, LSE I feel as if it is such a target uni and going there allows you to network and holds the opportunity to go into high finance roles.

Any advice would be much appreciated .
Hey, I was in the same position as you last year and had an accounting and finance offer from LSE and also 2 Flying Start accounting offers from Manchester and Newcastle, so I know the exact predicament you're in haha. I chose Newcastle and honestly it was the best decision ever, my placement for the upcoming years is in London (with paid accommodation and placement) and so I am still benefitting from the networking side of London that I felt I'd miss out if I didn't choose LSE. I couldn't recommend Flying Start Newcastle enough, the social side is great and making friends on your course is super easy as the business school organise a lot of socials for the flying start and do the most to support you, I feel as though I get more one on one support and education in Newcastle than I would have at LSE. I'm not sure if you've been to the Newcastle Offer Holder day but that's a great way to meet others and help make your mind up as well as a a lot of people I met at the offer holder day also had offers from LSE and were in the same situation. If you have any more questions I'm more than happy to answer them, my insta is @issyhough
Sorry, also forgot to mention the ACA exemptions are the best benefit to choosing Flying Start!!! I have friends doing A&F at other uni's and I couldn't imagine graduating and then having to do even more exams to become chartered. Even after you graduation PwC still guide you through doing the final 3 exams. Congratulations on your offers as well! xx
Reply 3
Original post by nicky6099
I have received offers from LSE accounting and finance and PwC flying start Newcastle accounting and finance. I genuinely have no idea of what to pick!!
LSE is my dream Uni ... but the PwC placements on the flying start are extremely atttractive (they are paid and you do placements in year 2,3,4) and if you graduate high enough it is a guaranteed graduate role with the. However, LSE I feel as if it is such a target uni and going there allows you to network and holds the opportunity to go into high finance roles.
Any advice would be much appreciated .

Hey this is so good, congratulations. Please may I know your stats as I would like to apply as well 🥹🥹
Reply 4
Original post by Tarniana
Hey this is so good, congratulations. Please may I know your stats as I would like to apply as well 🥹🥹
my subjects are econ, maths and chem in this order predicted grades are - A*A*A
GCSEs - seven 9 , two 8 and one 7
but honestly with the PwC I would say all of this is less important but actually the PwC assessment process is the deciding factor it self.
LSE - personal statement is also really important.

Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by issyhoughh
Hey, I was in the same position as you last year and had an accounting and finance offer from LSE and also 2 Flying Start accounting offers from Manchester and Newcastle, so I know the exact predicament you're in haha. I chose Newcastle and honestly it was the best decision ever, my placement for the upcoming years is in London (with paid accommodation and placement) and so I am still benefitting from the networking side of London that I felt I'd miss out if I didn't choose LSE. I couldn't recommend Flying Start Newcastle enough, the social side is great and making friends on your course is super easy as the business school organise a lot of socials for the flying start and do the most to support you, I feel as though I get more one on one support and education in Newcastle than I would have at LSE. I'm not sure if you've been to the Newcastle Offer Holder day but that's a great way to meet others and help make your mind up as well as a a lot of people I met at the offer holder day also had offers from LSE and were in the same situation. If you have any more questions I'm more than happy to answer them, my insta is @issyhough

Thank you so much !!!

is the flying start program worth it if you don't want to become an accountant?
Original post by certii_db
is the flying start program worth it if you don't want to become an accountant?

I would say so, for example I and a few of my friends don’t see ourselves being accountants our whole lives but a lot of the jobs we want to go into requires us to be chartered accountants and have the necessary skills, and as flying start helps you become chartered so quickly as well as having relevant experience it definitely is worth it even if you don’t want to be an accountant but want a similar job in the field :smile:
I would say so, for example I and a few of my friends don’t see ourselves being accountants our whole lives but a lot of the jobs we want to go into requires us to be chartered accountants and have the necessary skills, and as flying start helps you become chartered so quickly as well as having relevant experience it definitely is worth it even if you don’t want to be an accountant but want a similar job in the field :smile:

thank you so much for the response!
Original post by nicky6099
my subjects are econ, maths and chem in this order predicted grades are - A*A*A
GCSEs - seven 9 , two 8 and one 7
but honestly with the PwC I would say all of this is less important but actually the PwC assessment process is the deciding factor it self.
LSE - personal statement is also really important.
Hope this helps!

Hi! Congrats on your offers! I'm interested in applying for the PWC program, what would you say the company looks for from its applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending