The Student Room Group

Do writers also count as artists in gcse photography

Helloo 👋 I’m basically now planning for my big piece for my photography gcse exam and my theme was other worlds, I chose multiple artists, have done a lot of research pages but I wanted to base one of my ideas on a book (the cruel prince) I chose fantasy subtheme to fit my work and that’s why I wanted to base it off that but since it’s a book it does not really have any pictures so I chose an insta digital artist who drew how they invisioned one of the characters looking like digitally, can I base a shoot of that and basically do digital work, will that count? And in my book I wrote about both the writer and the insta artist and how they inspired me to recreate (I don’t know how to word it)
Original post by Bluelilies
Helloo 👋 I’m basically now planning for my big piece for my photography gcse exam and my theme was other worlds, I chose multiple artists, have done a lot of research pages but I wanted to base one of my ideas on a book (the cruel prince) I chose fantasy subtheme to fit my work and that’s why I wanted to base it off that but since it’s a book it does not really have any pictures so I chose an insta digital artist who drew how they invisioned one of the characters looking like digitally, can I base a shoot of that and basically do digital work, will that count? And in my book I wrote about both the writer and the insta artist and how they inspired me to recreate (I don’t know how to word it)

Yes! Writers are a source of artist research as they also connote creativity. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Yes! Writers are a source of artist research as they also connote creativity. :smile:

Alright thank you but I don’t know how to add them to my photography book, I don’t know how to say this but like how would I do shoot plans or do I do shoot plans based of scenes on the book and how I believe they look like?
Original post by Bluelilies
Alright thank you but I don’t know how to add them to my photography book, I don’t know how to say this but like how would I do shoot plans or do I do shoot plans based of scenes on the book and how I believe they look like?

You could use scenery and try to find locations or perhaps collage objects within your surroundings and interpret it based on the book's scenes.
Reply 4
Original post by jelllyfiiish
You could use scenery and try to find locations or perhaps collage objects within your surroundings and interpret it based on the book's scenes.

Alright thank you 🙌🙌

Quick Reply

Latest