Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yay, 6 people so far. I want to try to get it up to ten people, so i can start a poll on it.
    okay I'l enter - I made this up around five mins ago for you

Title - I dunno - Okay the title is: ALWAYS

Verse One

Sitting at school with my friends all around me
    I have never felt so alone
    Sitting in this room does no one understand me
    Its like they have all run home

Bridge

Can no one here feel my pain
    While these angry words spit like rain

Chorus

Show me your here to hold me
    Comfort the words every day
    Show me your here to love me
    Only you can make it go away

Verse 2

Talking to them from a different point of view
    They wont understand
    and so i get more and more subdue
    Its getting out of hand

Bridge

Can no one here feel my pain

Chorus

Show me your here to hold me
    Comfort the words every day
    Show me your here to love me
    Only you can make it go away

Verse 3

There is hope in my life
    Every time I close my eyes
    Because I see you standing there
    You know my pain and you care

Bridge

Someone here feels my pain

Chorus

I know your here to hold me
    To Comfort the words every day
    I know your here to love me
    Only you will make it go away

Your in my life, always

ReputationRep:
    Well i'll probably give it until later today before i start the poll, as i don't know how likely it is that any more people will posts songs on here.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, the poll for this will be put up in about half an hour, so if there are any more entries, please make them quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Place your votes now!

ReputationRep:
    Place your votes now!
    Rosin Han has my vote

I get my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look like many people are interested in voting on this

Doesn't look like many people are interested in voting on this
    Maybe people don't appreciate good lyrics. After all, it rarely survives with all this rap about.

ReputationRep:
    Well, well: my referrals page displays a hit from somebody who typed 'sold myself a picture-perfect' into Google.

Presumably, they were checking for plagiarism; I'm not sure whether to feel flattered, or insulted :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hm. Looks as though I'm owed some rep

Edit: 1 day's grace. Where are you, Iluvatar?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Hm. Looks as though I'm owed some rep

Edit: 1 day's grace. Where are you, Iluvatar?!
    Just took a look... i don't know why, but i'm a little suspicious as to the results to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Just took a look... i don't know why, but i'm a little suspicious as to the results to be honest.
    The poll says I won. Including the one vote I cast for myself as a matter of course, even two legitimate endorsements would constitute a victory. If I've opened six 'phantom' accounts in order to disproportionately inflate my score, then I'm sure that the mods will be able to correlate I.P addresses; in the meantime, it looks like I'm owed a day's rep - that is, if it's not too much to ask that you keep to your word :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The poll says I won. Including the one vote I cast for myself as a matter of course, even two legitimate endorsements would constitute a victory. If I've opened six 'phantom' accounts in order to disproportionately inflate my score, then I'm sure that the mods will be able to correlate I.P addresses; in the meantime, it looks like I'm owed a day's rep - that is, if it's not too much to ask that you keep to your word :rolleyes:
    Keep my word? I can't recall offering rep at any time...

ReputationRep:
    Keep my word? I can't recall offering rep at any time...
    Well, it seems a tad unfair to award rep to the winner of the 'poetry' competition, and withhold it elsewhere, where similarly deserved. Forgive my assumption, if it was not your intention to do so :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it seems a tad unfair to award rep to the winner of the 'poetry' competition, and withhold it elsewhere, where similarly deserved. Forgive my assumption, if it was not your intention to do so :rolleyes:
    Rep is not being withheld at all, as it was not offered in the first place. As i chose myself to enter this competition, offering rep as a prize would seem rather stupid, as i could not give myself rep if i won. It was just about displaying peoples songwriting ability.

ReputationRep:
    Rep is not being withheld at all, as it was not offered in the first place. As i chose myself to enter this competition, offering rep as a prize would seem rather stupid, as i could not give myself rep if i won. It was just about displaying peoples songwriting ability.
    Well, you can enter your own competition, and then defer the rep to whoever comes second, in the event of a victory; it's not rocket science. But, fair enough. Although I must confess to being somewhat crestfallen :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.