The Student Room Group

Shoplifting at Sainsbury

My friend told me that he shoplifting and get caught in Sainsbury (around 15 pounds). He did it few times before but didn’t get caught, this time the security bought him to a room and tried to call the police and take his personal info such as address, full name and date of birth for the record. After 5 minutes the security just ask him to leave and don’t come back again. He is so stressed and want to know is there any further action by police/ Sainsbury?
Reply 1
Yeah most likely barred form that shop and might need to go to court
Original post by XxmarccXx
My friend told me that he shoplifting and get caught in Sainsbury (around 15 pounds). He did it few times before but didn’t get caught, this time the security bought him to a room and tried to call the police and take his personal info such as address, full name and date of birth for the record. After 5 minutes the security just ask him to leave and don’t come back again. He is so stressed and want to know is there any further action by police/ Sainsbury?

He’s likely to be banned from that particular branch of store. Also in the hands of the police could be a conviction against his name.
probably nothing; I dont think police have the time or resources to deal with £15 worth of recovered stolen stuff. In the future though maybe make sure he doesnt give up his personal info or address

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending