The Student Room Group

Working during university vacations

Planning to go to university next year but need a job in between term times, the university I have applied to doesn't allow having a part time job during term so it would have to be something that fits into vacation dates. How do I find job like this are there specific websites or key words to look out for?
Reply 1
Original post by Azeb
Planning to go to university next year but need a job in between term times, the university I have applied to doesn't allow having a part time job during term so it would have to be something that fits into vacation dates. How do I find job like this are there specific websites or key words to look out for?

I recently got a customer service job taking inbound calls which I don’t mind because it’s easy and I work from home and choose my own hours. I’ll be working in between term times too. Idk if they’re still hiring but look on their website it’s called remflexgroup.co.uk.
My kid takes zero hours jobs, because they can refuse shifts. They work full-time in holidays, (or close to full time) and also sometimes weekends during the term.
Original post by Azeb

If you get a job at somewhere like mcdonalds- when you go to uni, you can keep your job ans go back over xmas/in the summer etc.
Quite a few people have transferred to a store near uni as well during term time.
How come the uni doesnt alllow you to work during term time? Most unis allow you to.
Original post by Azeb

Hiya!

Perhaps as your university doesn't allow you to work during the term you can ask your fellow students if they have anything lined up or have any previous experiences once you have started university. In addition, speak to your university's Careers Team as I am sure they will be happy to help and suggest what students have done in the past. I would also recommended, keeping an eye out for jobs advertised as 'seasonal' and zero hour contract jobs as this may work in your situation. Lastly, if you plan to go back home during the holidays maybe see what's available in your home town and explain how it will only be during the holiday seasons and let them know your availability - some of my friends when they are back home work in bars, hotels and little cafés.

I hope this helps,
-Maddie, second year Health and Well-being in Society student at De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending