This discussion is closed.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I don't know whats up with me lately
I've been forgetting names/and words meaning actully ...
not real people's names,but for example holtz*a character in angel tv show*I forgot his name the other day,also I'm not a native english speaker but today I was trying hard to remember the word dough .. :eek:
what shall I do??
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe your just going senile?
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Look on the bright side If you lose your memory, you won't be able to remember that you ever had it!
habosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Maybe your just going senile?
DUH!!!:mad:no I'm not:mad:
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
DUH!!!:mad:no I'm not:mad:
Maybe you are, but because your so senile, you don't see that you are?
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yup, senile and in denial.

hey that rhymes.
mrsC
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
yup, senile and in denial.

hey that rhymes.
You can't be that bad if you noticed that surely...
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That sometimes happens to me when im tired and find it find frustrating when i cant remember the name of a song or sports fact or something.
habosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by john williams)
That sometimes happens to me when im tired and find it find frustrating when i cant remember the name of a song or sports fact or something.
I think it's because I was putting so much pressure on my brain lately..so it's like a reverse reaction or whatever....or maybe i just want my memory to be ultimate :rolleyes:
habosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Maybe you are, but because your so senile, you don't see that you are?
well I guess you are right :rolleyes:
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the more you chunk in, the more that chunks out of your brain. lol.
Its called displacement.
habosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueAngel)
the more you chunk in, the more that chunks out of your brain. lol.
Its called displacement.
:eek: :eek: but i've heard that we humans don't use our whole brain,I mean the brain can take far more than we expect it to be :confused:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: :eek: but i've heard that we humans don't use our whole brain,I mean the brain can take far more than we expect it to be :confused:
Yea it can, but you do lose 500,000 brain cells a day. Also ONLY those memories that you actually enjoyed and are vital, are the ones you remember. The others can decay or get displaced by new info over time.
habosh
Rep:
?
Yea it can, but you do lose 500,000 brain cells a day. Also ONLY those memories that you actually enjoyed and are vital, are the ones you remember. The others can decay or get displaced by new info over time.
oh then I get it,I didn't use the word dough since ages maybe thats why...if that is the case then that is a relief*sp?*
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh then I get it,I didn't use the word dough since ages maybe thats why...if that is the case then that is a relief*sp?*
yeh that could be it. To remember it, you have to keep rehearsing/recalling it, just like you do during revision.
habosh
Rep:
?
yeh that could be it. To remember it, you have to keep rehearsing/recalling it, just like you do during revision.
I'd rather forget silly stuff like a tv character name rather than my current A level infos actully,so now maybe I'll focum less on other stuff so that my whole brain will be deticated to science and physics
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd rather forget silly stuff like a tv character name rather than my current A level infos actully,so now maybe I'll focum less on other stuff so that my whole brain will be deticated to science and physics
yeh you do that. Good Luck!
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I always forget things. Like turning the oven/grill off. Never good when cooking alone.
But seriously I do forget words a lot, and it gets worse when I get ill. Means I stutter and confuse words a lot. I just make sure I get a lot of sleep, and take my time in speaking and pronouce words correctly.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads