The Student Room Group

AQA A-level business HELP PLS

can someone give me an easy way to memorise theories because there are so many its overwhelming 😭😭
I usually use anki pro, it depends what theories you are on about?, if you're on about motivational theories e.g like Maslow's hierarchy of needs etc then yeah i use anki pro and then apply it, you'll be able to find an exam question or two on each theory and thus consolidating your knowledge from the flashcards and applying it to some exam questions
Original post by leenasjoshi
can someone give me an easy way to memorise theories because there are so many its overwhelming 😭😭

Simplify them to the point a 5 year old could understand . Helps me know the basis of each theory then once I know all of them simplified I can explain them in my mind
Reply 3
Original post by JustzAlexx_
I usually use anki pro, it depends what theories you are on about?, if you're on about motivational theories e.g like Maslow's hierarchy of needs etc then yeah i use anki pro and then apply it, you'll be able to find an exam question or two on each theory and thus consolidating your knowledge from the flashcards and applying it to some exam questions

Just wondering, when u do past papers how do u mark your essay questions like 9, 16 20 24 25 markers like how do u allocate marks
Original post by leenasjoshi

I think answering a lot of exam questions and forcing yourself to add some theories in there (2 or three per 25 marker) really makes a difference. This is what I did to get an A last year (5 marks away from an A*) without having to try memorise every single theory. I hope that helps, any other questions and I’ll try my best to help.
Reply 5
Original post by London Is Blue05
I think answering a lot of exam questions and forcing yourself to add some theories in there (2 or three per 25 marker) really makes a difference. This is what I did to get an A last year (5 marks away from an A*) without having to try memorise every single theory. I hope that helps, any other questions and I’ll try my best to help.

How did u revise for ur exams? And how do u do well in paper 3
Original post by panda41
How did u revise for ur exams? And how do u do well in paper 3

Honestly it’s lots of essay practice, get people to read your essays and tell them to be very harsh whilst also reading others and doing the say. To do well in paper 3 really comes down to 3 things. Allocating set times in which you aim to complete each question and NOT exceed that limit. Reading the insert numerous times. Stick to your essay structure.

Timing is a big problem lot of people face in paper three, but trust me if you practice enough paper 3s under timed conditions you shouldn’t have this problem. I can’t tell you how you should time it because that’s truly up to you and how you answer questions as everyone is different.

When it comes to the insert I recommend carefully reading it before you do anything else, take this time to highlight anything you think may be of use in the later questions e.g dates and figures, business structure, culture of the business and type of business. Once done move onto ur questions, when u read the questions highlight the important parts of the question. You should in ur head be linking some points you highlighted in the inserts to the question, go back to the insert and identify those points and make use of data and dates in your answer (application marks). Skim read the inserts a couple times if you get stuck on a question and think you have no more points (there are always more points in the insert)

Having a great essay structure you are comfortable with is essential, you should have practiced this when doing essays. My structure of choice was PEACH (Point. Evidence. Application. Context. However) I used this because for me it was a cheat code as after the ‘However’ I could just repeat the PEAC part of the structure but using an argument against my original point. If done well each paragraph could earn you 9-12 marks.

Oh and for revision I just practiced essays, watched MrEvens Business on YouTube as well as other YouTubers like Modern MBA and Company Man (Company man actually made a video on the exact topic which came up in my 2023 paper all be it a day late but I won’t hold him against it😭), also keep up to date with the news and you should be good. If you have anymore questions don’t be scared to ask, I’ll try my best to answer or I’ll tell you I don’t know if I truly don’t.
Reply 7
Thanks so much
Reply 8
Honestly it’s lots of essay practice, get people to read your essays and tell them to be very harsh whilst also reading others and doing the say. To do well in paper 3 really comes down to 3 things. Allocating set times in which you aim to complete each question and NOT exceed that limit. Reading the insert numerous times. Stick to your essay structure.
Timing is a big problem lot of people face in paper three, but trust me if you practice enough paper 3s under timed conditions you shouldn’t have this problem. I can’t tell you how you should time it because that’s truly up to you and how you answer questions as everyone is different.
When it comes to the insert I recommend carefully reading it before you do anything else, take this time to highlight anything you think may be of use in the later questions e.g dates and figures, business structure, culture of the business and type of business. Once done move onto ur questions, when u read the questions highlight the important parts of the question. You should in ur head be linking some points you highlighted in the inserts to the question, go back to the insert and identify those points and make use of data and dates in your answer (application marks). Skim read the inserts a couple times if you get stuck on a question and think you have no more points (there are always more points in the insert)
Having a great essay structure you are comfortable with is essential, you should have practiced this when doing essays. My structure of choice was PEACH (Point. Evidence. Application. Context. However) I used this because for me it was a cheat code as after the ‘However’ I could just repeat the PEAC part of the structure but using an argument against my original point. If done well each paragraph could earn you 9-12 marks.
Oh and for revision I just practiced essays, watched MrEvens Business on YouTube as well as other YouTubers like Modern MBA and Company Man (Company man actually made a video on the exact topic which came up in my 2023 paper all be it a day late but I won’t hold him against it😭), also keep up to date with the news and you should be good. If you have anymore questions don’t be scared to ask, I’ll try my best to answer or I’ll tell you I don’t know if I truly don’t.

If u don’t have anyone to read ur essays how do u mark them urself?
Reply 9

What's your structure for 9-12 markers?

Quick Reply

Latest