The Student Room Group

Is it possible to change what course I applied for after getting an offer?

Hi! I applied for English literature with a year abroad in North America at Exeter university, and I received an offer for A*AA. I have an offer with the same grades from Durham, which I am going to firm, so I was wondering if I’d be able to contact Exeter University and ask if I can have my offer changed to the normal English literature course (it has AAB grade requirements).

I don’t particularly want to take the risk of going through clearing so if anyone knows if making this change beforehand is even possible then I would appreciate any insight :smile:
Original post by anevbr
Hi! I applied for English literature with a year abroad in North America at Exeter university, and I received an offer for A*AA. I have an offer with the same grades from Durham, which I am going to firm, so I was wondering if I’d be able to contact Exeter University and ask if I can have my offer changed to the normal English literature course (it has AAB grade requirements).
I don’t particularly want to take the risk of going through clearing so if anyone knows if making this change beforehand is even possible then I would appreciate any insight :smile:

Hi there,

I think the best thing to do is to contact their admissions team and ask! They get questions like this all the time, and it wouldn't really affect anything. The contact for most universities' admission teams are on their websites.

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi there,
I think the best thing to do is to contact their admissions team and ask! They get questions like this all the time, and it wouldn't really affect anything. The contact for most universities' admission teams are on their websites.
~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Thank you! I was planning on asking but I didn’t want to make a fool of myself in case it was an obviously impossible request haha
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offers from both Exeter University and Durham! It’s great that you’re considering your options carefully.

Firstly, Exeter University does allow students to request a change of programme, but it’s important to note that this process is subject to approval; therefore, you will need to meet certain requirements. Reach out to their Admissions Team and request a Change of Programme Form. Be mindful that your change of programme isn’t confirmed until you receive official confirmation.

Secondly, when reaching out to Exeter's Admissions Team, explain your situation as they can provide guidance based on your circumstances. For example, discuss your reasons for wanting to switch programmes and be prepared to provide additional documents or information upon request.

Finally, think about what matters most to you. Therefore, consider factors like course content, location and your personal preferences. For instance, if you strongly prefer the regular English Lit programme at Exeter, it's definitely worth pursuing the chance.

Remember that communication is key. So contact Exeter as soon as possible, express your interest in changing programmes and seek their advice.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Reply 4
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Hi there,
Congratulations on your offers from both Exeter University and Durham! It’s great that you’re considering your options carefully.
Firstly, Exeter University does allow students to request a change of programme, but it’s important to note that this process is subject to approval; therefore, you will need to meet certain requirements. Reach out to their Admissions Team and request a Change of Programme Form. Be mindful that your change of programme isn’t confirmed until you receive official confirmation.
Secondly, when reaching out to Exeter's Admissions Team, explain your situation as they can provide guidance based on your circumstances. For example, discuss your reasons for wanting to switch programmes and be prepared to provide additional documents or information upon request.
Finally, think about what matters most to you. Therefore, consider factors like course content, location and your personal preferences. For instance, if you strongly prefer the regular English Lit programme at Exeter, it's definitely worth pursuing the chance.
Remember that communication is key. So contact Exeter as soon as possible, express your interest in changing programmes and seek their advice.
I hope I managed to help!
Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Thank you! I’ve rung up the admissions team and sent in an email request to change, thankfully they seem to think they’ll be able to switch my course! I appreciate all the advice 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending