The Student Room Group

My assignment

Hello everyone!

I'm working on my critical review assessment, what is meant by support with evidence referring to original text in paragraphs? Is it in- text citations?! Or what?

If someone know, reply ASAP!
Original post by Kay0710
Hello everyone!
I'm working on my critical review assessment, what is meant by support with evidence referring to original text in paragraphs? Is it in- text citations?! Or what?
If someone know, reply ASAP!

Hi there

In my opinion, supporting with evidence does not have to be 'citing' texts word for word. Rather, I think it means that any arguments that you put forward have to be supported by academic's writings and journal articles. This would require you to do some reading into relevant areas on the topic (any optional reading lists will be a good starting point).

Reference and explain academics writings- their arguments, and link these to your argument. (You can paraphrase and quote if you like, though it is not required). Demonstrate how they support your point. You can also consider any counterarguments there are, but remember to explain why your argument is the better position.

Hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student ep

Quick Reply

Latest