The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11academic11
Are these points solid for the transport and infrastructure question?
How many marks would I be looking at?
HS2: not done yet but a proposal to create transport link between midlands and London. investors and other people can transport and generate economic activity.
Trans-pennine railway: high speed electrical railway, similar points to HS2 regarding efficient transport and allows Local Enterprise Partnerships and Economic Zones to be built.
Referred to the figure and said that it had similar purpose/effects to above.
Heathrow expansion: new terminal, high cost but allows foreign investments, may triple money investments (made some statistics up.)
Also referred to the new road in figure increasing connectivity and pretty similar points regarding easy transport and people travelling for work improving economic futures.

solid top band, that question was beautiful
Original post by clovdette
what did you guys put for the questions of water and energy conservation one? 😭

Grey water, water storage and yapping abt wind turbines 😭
the only beautiful question was the large scale thingy for food
Do you think it would be sufficient for 8/9 marks? 🤞
easily 7 or above, if you talked well about the figures then yh
Original post by alert-drilling
Grey water, water storage and yapping abt wind turbines 😭

same😍😍😍I don’t think I should worry then!!
Original post by Nrrksssgucfb
What did you do for the domestic use of gas reducing?

woah what question was that😭
Reply 187
Original post by DR.R.A.P
i was acc hoping for a 9 but now i think ive fumbled a lot, ive got the % increase wrong and missed the easiest question to shade in nigeria, What will grade boundaries be do you think?

Tbh that’s only 2 marks lost - and if everyone found it hard, boundaries should be lower
Original post by pickleconsumer
I didn’t realise that you had to use a case study for the 9 marker about water and energy and I just spoke about grey water and public transport in general instead bc the question didn’t explicitly state ‘Use a case study’. Will I still get some marks?

same buddy i put A rated appliance, green roof top, water meter and double toilets am i cooked💀💀💀
Original post by kelvin527
same buddy i put A rated appliance, green roof top, water meter and double toilets am i cooked💀💀💀

same here
Reply 190
Original post by kelvin527
it’s fine dw you didn’t have to mention case studies 😭
For the water and energy, I wrote about BedZED and their specific strategies, but also some stuff about London strategies:
Energy: double glazing, gas meters, home insulation, LED lighting
Water: grey water recycling, encouraging civilians to use water-efficient dishwashers and washing machine
Also definiex sustainability: 'the ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising needs of future'

How many marks? Be brutally honest i js wanna know pls
Are these points solid for the transport and infrastructure question?
How many marks would I be looking at?
HS2: not done yet but a proposal to create transport link between midlands and London. investors and other people can transport and generate economic activity.
Trans-pennine railway: high speed electrical railway, similar points to HS2 regarding efficient transport and allows Local Enterprise Partnerships and Economic Zones to be built.
Referred to the figure and said that it had similar purpose/effects to above.
Heathrow expansion: new terminal, high cost but allows foreign investments, may triple money investments (made some statistics up.)
Also referred to the new road in figure increasing connectivity and pretty similar points regarding easy transport and people travelling for work improving economic futures.

defo 7 at least, looks a rlly good answer! i guess it depends on how much explanation you did as well and also like evaluating but yeah 7 8 or 9
Reply 193
For the water and energy, I wrote about BedZED and their specific strategies, but also some stuff about London strategies:
Water: grey water recycling, encouraging civilians to use water-efficient dishwashers and washing machine
Also definiex sustainability: 'the ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising needs of future'

you’ve definitely got top marks

8 brutally
Reply 195
i’m cooked for paper 3 ibr
which direction was the photographer facing
Thank you. What could I have improved on to get a 9? In the real thing I obviously did expand and explain a bit more.
What were the questions about gas? Like why it’s reducing? What did you put? And what was the other question about gas ?
Original post by alert-drilling
What were the questions about gas? Like why it’s reducing? What did you put? And what was the other question about gas ?
For the last one I wrote about advantages and disadvantages of fracking to get gas

Quick Reply