The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

LMAOO
Me: looking at student room for today's review
my friends: watching livestreams for english language p2 and revising like mad
me: 😎
Original post by Phelena
speaking on my experience of the paper, I think it went quite well probably 75-80 marks. the first 9 (12) marker was annoying due to how specific it was but I did retain enough own knowledge for it. the six markers were all blessings and i cooked on that transportation nine marker.
the only question that really confused me this time was the one marker on the direction of the photographer idk i put east
put south fr what was that qs, i checked all directions bro
Original post by Phelena
n+1/2 is the formal way of finding the midpoint (add the total number of elements in the list, which was 9, to 1 and halve it so it's the fifth highest value)
but dw 6030 was right lol

Thx mate!
Original post by Arman Singh04
hi there for the median q, i ordered the numbers in increasing values then i canceled them out equally until i found the middle value. if im right, was there no need to do n+1/2? pls let me know, my asnwer was i think 6030 something?

there was no need to do that formula, you did the question correctly
Original post by blwuerry

fr i tried to look for the river and the main roads but they were in all directions from the photo point so i guessed
LMAOO

same i was watching protesters getting pushed and rammed by vehicles on yt before comin back on here 🤣🤣
Original post by studyfor9s
same i was watching protesters getting pushed and rammed by vehicles on yt before comin back on here 🤣🤣

oh lol🤣
LMAOO

how the hell do you revise for english language anyway 😭
How did everyone do?
From a Year 11 Geographer who does WJEC Eduqas B
Barely anyone does my exam board for Geography.
Original post by blwuerry

no the answer was north, why did everyone struggle on this question?
Original post by Phelena

broooo Fr, i have no clue! im gonna rely on mr eveything english
Original post by Phelena

prolly js doing past papers
Just a general q to everyone, I always try to estimate at the last few minutes of my paper to think what possible mark i wouldve got in today's paper. As of my best estimates, i believe I got somewhere around 60-65/88 marks.
What have you guys got according to you? Dw all its just an estimate! im sure everybody will be fine!

I do this aswell and think I got around the same! A bit lower than paper 1 (I think i got 75-80) but still enough for a 9 I hope!
Original post by full-size-hustle
I did the London one, what did you put down for that as evidence? I primarily talked about how the population is high (requiring 60,000 houses a year) and therefore a lot of water is wasted through washing machines etc
Well for the water one I had no idea, so started talking about Rajasthan in India since it was briefly mentioned in section C of my revision guide (ik im so cooked in both 9 markers), but my P1 was about how houses in London are built with double glazed window and loft/attic insulation to reduce heat loss/save energt
that paper was alr but the 9 markers were horrible. i literally messed rlly badly on so many questions like thats probably the worst geo paper ive ever done 😭 for the water and energy 9 marker i screwed up soo bad i accidentally wrote abt stuff from section c and methods to conserve water and energy and stuff bcs i had like 10 minutes left... im gonna drop so many marks bro😭😭
Original post by 12ftg
i think evry11 mainly uses freiburg

I used Stratford east village
Original post by nimrod2
Well for the water one I had no idea, so started talking about Rajasthan in India since it was briefly mentioned in section C of my revision guide (ik im so cooked in both 9 markers), but my P1 was about how houses in London are built with double glazed window and loft/attic insulation to reduce heat loss/save energt

the one abt energy and water was abt cities in lics/nees so your London paragraph doesn't answer the question and Rajasthan is a region but could count. There was never any mention of a case study in the question so there wasnt actually a need to put one in, just talk abt methods eg for water you can say water metres, recycling, turning off taps. For energy stuff like public transport, turning off lights, renewables. I mentioned Curitiba too
Original post by Cozzymic
Guys for the challenges of environmental improvement question (I think it was 6 markers with the Tam Tam community figure) what did you guys put???

What was the question?I can't really remember it
Original post by rubnthegoat
What was the question?I can't really remember it

I think I remember that question. I forgot what I wrote but I do remember writing 2 paragraphs for that.
Hey what did you say for the 4 marker on manufacturing in your country? It was the one after shading in your country. I spoke about the TNCs and all that. Is that fine?

Quick Reply