The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a4lyy
guys what is outer Hebrides and the south and north divide thing 😭🙏🏾

Outer hebrides is part of a case study to show that social and economic effects are negative in an area of population decline (outer hebrides) and positive in an area of populatio increase (another case study - I did south cambridgeshire)
Reply 41
Original post by agent_duck343
Outer hebrides is part of a case study to show that social and economic effects are negative in an area of population decline (outer hebrides) and positive in an area of populatio increase (another case study - I did south cambridgeshire)
tysmmm!!
Original post by a4lyy
also chat what are the economic advantages in jamaica 🥰🙏🏾
this is the case study i have for tourism n stuff

advantages:

farmers can get better jobs by working in hotels, this means their children get better jobs, leads to the multiplier effect

>240K people have jobs in tourism

disadvantages:

economic dependence - During August & October, hurricanes hit Jamaica - this leads to reduced tourism - people lose their jobs as tour guides

economic leakage - hotels are owned by foreign companies - tourists spend money in hotels - very little money goes to the Jamaican government, most of it goes to the HIC country

Original post by sanidhya_t19
Anyone doing the energy section in the Challenges of Resource Management section, who's done a case study on a Rice Husk Energy Plant in Bihar, India?

Anyone?
Has anyone got the 2023 paper? Plz send me it
Reply 46
Heyy,
Apparently a prediction question is what advantages/disadvantages are there of leaving the EU
So here are some possible answers:lmk if u have more x
Reply 47
Original post by minz1
Heyy,
Apparently a prediction question is what advantages/disadvantages are there of leaving the EU

Adv:

The cost of being in the EU is no longer there

Dis:

Declining industries have less support

Businesses can no longer take advantage of no tariffs

They were all good points but I might add these as well
Original post by minz1
Heyy,

is this likely to be a 6 or 9 marker?
Please can someone list the case studies we are required to know as in they can be asked specifically about thank you so much xx
Reply 50
advantages:

farmers can get better jobs by working in hotels, this means their children get better jobs, leads to the multiplier effect

>240k people have jobs in tourism

disadvantages:

economic dependence - during august & october, hurricanes hit jamaica - this leads to reduced tourism - people lose their jobs as tour guides

economic leakage - hotels are owned by foreign companies - tourists spend money in hotels - very little money goes to the jamaican government, most of it goes to the hic country

rahhh thank you!!
Reply 51
Original post by user01430
Please can someone list the case studies we are required to know as in they can be asked specifically about thank you so much xx

it depends bc i think it’s different for most people
i could be wrong
Reply 52
what’s there to say about rio i can’t remember 😭🙏🏾
Original post by a4lyy
it depends bc i think it’s different for most people
i could be wrong
Yh I know like if it’s a diff place I mean like urban issues uk and then one local kinda like a summary like that
Reply 54
Original post by user01430
Yh I know like if it’s a diff place I mean like urban issues uk and then one local kinda like a summary like that
oh right my baddd
for uk it’s north and south divide, south cambridgeshire and outer hebrides

for urban i rhink its rio
Reply 55
Original post by elsie_rose_
is this likely to be a 6 or 9 marker?

6 marker-I dont think they can make it a 9 marker
Hey people, what are some economic causes of the development gap? can someone tell me a few please?
what would they ask us about business parks and finance etc like what stuff do i need to memorise for it?
Hey people, what are some economic causes of the development gap? can someone tell me a few please?

poor trade links
lots of debt
an economy based on primary products
Original post by elsie_rose_
poor trade links
lots of debt
an economy based on primary products

thank you

Quick Reply