The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 1 (7405/1) - 10th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 1 (7405/1) - Monday 10th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 10th June / AM
Length: 2h

Scroll to see replies

2024 GCSE students 👇
How is everyone feelin? I beard the exams will be different to previous years' style of questions which is making me nervous
Reply 3
Original post by anon09111
How is everyone feelin? I beard the exams will be different to previous years' style of questions which is making me nervous

But different how like they can’t jus switch it up😭
Original post by panda41
But different how like they can’t jus switch it up😭

Exactly. It would be unfair even if grade boundaries reflect the difficulty. I heard more application questions but that is just a rumour do not know how true it is
Reply 5
Exactly. It would be unfair even if grade boundaries reflect the difficulty. I heard more application questions but that is just a rumour do not know how true it is

Like surely they can't be too different the change has to be gradual otherwise that's just unfair because we've had no practice

where did u hear that
One of my friends who's family member is a chemistry teacher
Reply 8

you are joking... this is for a level chemistry?
Reply 9
One of my friends who's family member is a chemistry teacher

Are there any documents to prove this is true? It can’t be true unless they’ve release some sort of documentation
I've heard this so much though apparently questions will be more application or something but aqa haven't said anything i don't think idk
where's everyone hearing this from? nothing on twitter or TikTok or news. sorry im a private candidate so I don't attend sixth form lol but this is the first time im hearing of this
I’m a private candidate as well n I think I heard a teacher on TikTok say
Original post by mfish894
where's everyone hearing this from? nothing on twitter or TikTok or news. sorry im a private candidate so I don't attend sixth form lol but this is the first time im hearing of this

Yeah I am also a private candidate so kind of unnerved by this
Yeah I am also a private candidate so kind of unnerved by this

its okay we have done this before we will get through it again 🙂 but yeah its definitely not nice to hear however I feel like they would've punished an article or statement at least so
its okay we have done this before we will get through it again 🙂 but yeah its definitely not nice to hear however I feel like they would've punished an article or statement at least so

I've actually never sat A level chemistry before I am teaching myself for the first time 😓 Hopefully no nasty surprises
I've actually never sat A level chemistry before I am teaching myself for the first time 😓 Hopefully no nasty surprises

no way that's really impressive!! im sure you will do amazing. best of luck
no way that's really impressive!! im sure you will do amazing. best of luck

Thank you, you too!

if your doing AQA then the questions for paper 1 you should watch this video right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVUuZIE_qM&t=156s
definitely do a lot of past papers to get the hang of exam conditions and exam questions
Original post by T_231231
if your doing AQA then the questions for paper 1 you should watch this video right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVUuZIE_qM&t=156s
definitely do a lot of past papers to get the hang of exam conditions and exam questions

thank you that is a big help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending