The Student Room Group

Applying for a job that’s North but living South

So I’ve applied for a job that’s in the North but it can really be the start of my graduate career and I’m prepared to make the sacrifices for it to but will it be seen by the employer as a problem I live in the South or will they support in finding an accommodation and is accommodation easy and relatively cheap to find up North.
Reply 1
Finding housing is usually the employees responsibility. The job ad/recruitment info will make clear if they offer any moving expenses - most employers don't offer it. If they do, it is usually reserved for senior employees.
Original post by Compyjo
Finding housing is usually the employees responsibility. The job ad/recruitment info will make clear if they offer any moving expenses - most employers don't offer it. If they do, it is usually reserved for senior employees.

Is it easy to find though otherwise
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Is it easy to find though otherwise

Depends how remote the area is and what budget you've got.

Generally speaking, the further north the cheaper acommodation will be. If you are in the vacinity of a town or city it shouldn't be a massive pain to find something, even as a stopgap.
Original post by Admit-One
Depends how remote the area is and what budget you've got.
Generally speaking, the further north the cheaper acommodation will be. If you are in the vacinity of a town or city it shouldn't be a massive pain to find something, even as a stopgap.

I mean it opens a path to working in the field I’ve studied in my entire life so I’m open to the sacrifice
Original post by Mohammed_2000
I mean it opens a path to working in the field I’ve studied in my entire life so I’m open to the sacrifice

You've gotta start someowhere. Even if it's just 12 months experience and something on your CV, it will make the next job application a lot easier.
Depends where you are moving up in the North but it will be cheaper than if you were to move down south. Worth it for your career

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending