The Student Room Group

Applying for loan as a child of a migrant.

Hello, I’ve been asked to provide evidence of dependency on my parents as a 21 years old. I’m applying for a loan as a child of a migrant worker.
I can only provide evidence of my dad's but not my mum because she lost her job. Can I include a letter from the Job centre as an evidence stating she currently looking for a job.
Hi there. You would use the parent which is currently in employment, not both of them.

To show your dependency on your parent. We will require evidence of your incomings/outgoings to show you aren't earning enough to live independently. We can also accept evidence of any support provided by the parent i.e. utility bills, tenancy agreement, bank statements showing transfers etc. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply